Vigilantes [M]

Chevi

"I have taken a lot of interest in you" Lucius pointed out, in a completely unhelpful way. She seemed a little surprised by his words, though, and asked if he did not want to be her booty call. As if.

"You call, I'll jump" he smirked, looking down at her. "But I kinda like the friends with benefits idea better."

@Sara

• Like 1

She smirked. "Sounds about right." And leant up to kiss him, deeper this time and trying to use her arms around his neck to pull him closer. She'd give him ten minutes but doubted he could last that long at the frenzy of kisses. 

Life and fate, of course, had another plan. The alarm in her room sounded, its droning sound breaking her out of the moment immediately. She scrambled away from underneath him, managing in the tangle of sheets to fall straight onto the floor with a thud as she tried to hit the 'acknowledge' button. "Fuck." She choked and glanced at him. She could hear it droning in his room below. "I...I can't go on a mission, I've been drinking, fuck...fuck fuck fuck fuck..." She was trying to untangle herself from the sheet and stand all at the same time. Neither was going well. "Where the fuck are my clothes?!" 

TAG: @Chevi

• Haha 2

Leave it up to the Academy to ruin a perfectly good night. Lucius groaned as the alarm went off, wincing at the sound; he was not drunk now as he had been earlier, but he was definitely not sober either. Camilla fell out of bed to hit the button, but the buzzing continued; Lucius realized it was coming from his room too. Shit.

"Fuck. I...I can't go on a mission, I've been drinking, fuck...fuck fuck fuck fuck... Where the fuck are my clothes?!" 

"On the floor" Lucius noted wholly unhelpfully "But you're not going on mission in those, are you?" He stumbled out of bed too, picking up pieces of his own attire. "What the fuck do they want now..."

@Sara @Sharpie

• Like 1

There was an unhelpful banging on the door outside, just in case the room's occupant hadn't heard the god-awful racket already.

"Are you coming?" There was a much quieter murmur, seemingly an aside to someone else with the person outside. "It's Briefing Room Three, if you didn't get the memo," the external person said helpfully, apparently unaware of the chaos currently reigning within.

@Sara @Chevi

• Like 2

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" She yelled to the person outside and then shot Lucius a glare, unaware of the double-meaning of her words until she was trying to scramble into the clothes she reserved for missions as she pulled them from her wardrobe. Some sort of jumpsuit that was far too difficult  to get into with no sense left in her mind. She was hopping about the room, struggling into a sports bra and the jumpsuit and then her socks and then her boots. "I'll meet you there." She shot another look at Lucius, as if to say, nobody can know about this.

She was scraping up her hair into a ponytail and trying to slap some sense into herself as she swung open the door, not wide enough so Jason could see in (and see Lucius, similarly, trying to dress himself). "I-I'll come with you now." She breathed, and slipped out of the room to join him in briefing room three.

TAG: @Chevi @Sharpie

• Haha 1

Well, this was a clusterfuck. Lucius rolled out of bed and gathered up his clothes, ducking behind the door just in time for her to rush out without whoever was on the other side seeing him in the room. This fling... thing, it was not going to be public knowledge, not if Camilla could help it. Sure, whatever.

Once they were gone, Lucius hurried down to his room for his mission outfit, and then rushed to Briefing Room Three. He was late, but at this point, at least his reputation made people expect less of him.

"Sooo, what did I miss?... Hello Jason."

@Sharpie @Sara

• Like 1

"Hi, Lucius," Jason replied, and shrugged. "We're still waiting for someone - you'll be glad you weren't the last one in."

Quite what mission could possibly use him, plus a fire-bender, plus whatever Camilla was (the most persuasive person on the planet, however she described her powers) was beyond Jason. He rarely went on missions and was perfectly content with that status quo, happy to spend his time making friends with the birds and squirrel family in the tree outside his window. Today found him with a sparrow on his head, quite comfortable to sit and admire the room around them as they waited for the stragglers to arrive.

@Sara @Chevi

• Like 2

Camilla was sat trying to tame her hair into the ponytail as Lucius walked in, and she utterly ignored him, focusing on Jason instead. The little sparrow was disconcerting to say the least. "What do you think it is?" She asked him and then flicked her eyes to Lucius, hoping she didn't look as tipsy as she felt.

They didn't have to wait long before one of the instructors strode in, heels clicking on the tiled floor. "Right. It's at the zoo." A series of chuckles rose up throughout the ranks and Camilla glanced at Jason, drunkenly amused. she snorted at the image of the man trying to tame a loose tiger... "Alright, alright, shut the fuck up. It's a fire...caused by the storm last night." There had been a storm? Camilla had been...too distracted to notice. "Gates are locked so staff can't get out, but it's shorted the cages so the animals are roaming free and the fire's still going. You go in, lead the people out, put out the fire and get the fucking animals back in their fucking cages. Got it?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucius blinked, surprised. What kind of a fucked up mission was this? People, locked into the burning zoo with animals on the loose?

"Someone better lose their fucking job over this one" he muttered, standing up, ready to leave. It felt like the whole thing was tailored to their skill set - his, Camilla's, and Jason's. They headed out together. "So, Jason... if you tell a lion not to eat us... what are the chances it will listen?"

@Sharpie @Sara

• Like 1

"If you can put the fire out, they'll be happier to go back in their enclosures," Jason replied, and chirped softly at the sparrow which flew off back to its nest. "Animals hate fire the same way anyone does, they'll be panicking and trying to get away. Eating you is the last thing they're going to be thinking about."

He glanced at Camilla. "So... if I'm sorting the animals out, and Lucius is stopping the fire, what are you going to be doing?"

Jason was perfectly happy not to go on missions of any description, ever, especially if it meant ending up caught between the academy's newest bad boy recruit and the posh girl from Queen's, or wherever she was from. It sounded like a really bad sort of rom-com to him. He much preferred the animals in the trees and bushes outside his window - they were nice uncomplicated creatures. Humans were complicated and he didn't understand them in the least.

@Sara @Chevi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They all stood up and filed out to the stairs that wove up to the roof where she presumed a helicopter would be waiting. She stiffened at Jason's question, bristling as she so often did and throwing him a glare; "You clearly weren't paying much attention. I lead the people out." She gave him a smug, self-satisfied smile and pulled at her clothes. She'd dressed in such a hurry she swore her sports bra was on backwards. Luckily her pants and shirt weren't. 

They made it to the roof and the helicopter, as predicted, was juddering to a start. She glanced at Jason - deeply amused as the bird flapped its wings. Anywhere but looking at Lucius' face. "Your bird hitching a ride with us then?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1