Calpurnia felt desire building inside her, even though she could not put a name to any of the sensations. There was a pull, deep in her core, and it was as if she knew what she wanted to do without ever having thought about it. Alexius kissed her with passion and she parted her lips to accept him; his body was firm against hers, and his skin warm. She pulled him close enough to feel the texture of his scars against her chest. One of his arms circled her waist; she liked being held like that, with his hand traveling along her back. 

It took her a moment to notice that he was reaching for her belt. She smiled against his lips and pulled back. Following her instincts, she pressed a kiss to his jaw. The belt came loose, and her dress pooled around the curve of her hips. Calpurnia leaned down, untying and kicking off her shoes before she stood up. In one fluid motion, her dress slid to the floor, leaving her standing on front of Alexius only dressed in the subligaculum she wore, made of soft linen. She looked down at him as he sat on the couch, wondering what he was thinking at the sight. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

He felt how she parted her lips against his and let him taste her and she was perfect. It helped, of course, that she just ate a few sweets, but she was sweet beyond that! Her body against his was a feeling without comparison, at least right now, but Alexius wanted more. He just couldn't help it. So he reached for her belt to open it and she pulled away from his lips. For the briefest of moments he feared she'd stop, but then her lips were on his jaw and he closed his eyes while his fingers managed to undo the belt. Now she did pull away from him again, but only to remove her shoes and then move stand... a move, that made the dress slide to the floor in a mess around her feet.

Calpurnia remained there on the floor, as if she wanted him to see her and Alexius let his eyes wander and liked what he saw. Then he stood with a grin, "I was right in naming you Venus." He said and moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her, once more enjoying this feeling of looking straight into her eyes when he held her. Most women were shorter than he. But not her. She was just the perfect height, wasn't she? Alexius kissed her again and this time let his one hand wander between her thighs. She still wore her subligaculum, but that didn't mean she couldn't feel him touching her through it. So far, he let the touch be gentle, just stroking her, just hard enough for her to feel the sensation of it. He broke the kiss to look at her, "How does this feel?" 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Alexius looked at her with clear appreciation. Calpurnia enjoyed his gaze sweeping over her body.

"I was right in naming you Venus." 

She laughed as he stood up and pulled her close; now their bodies were pressed together. If she was Venus, he was Mars. Warrior god, with a body and a forbidden affair to match. The old stories were right sometimes.

They were the same height, and kissed easily as they embraced; Calpurnia wound her arms around Alexius' shoulders again, enjoying being skin to skin. His hand dipped between her thighs and she gasped against his lips; it was a gentle touch, but it made her tremble. Warmth pooled between her legs. Oh.

That was what people referred to in whispers.

"How does this feel?" 

She opened her eyes to look at him; even with willingly starting all this, she had been taken off guard by this new sensation. She tilted her hips against his hand and gasped again, hands grabbing on to his shoulders to hold herself up. It took her a moment to find the words, and they came out a little breathless. "I didn't... it's good. Do more."

@Atrice

• Like 1

She really was divinity in motion, Venus herself had come down to Earth to spend a night with him. How could it be otherwise? Alexius adored her and he adored her even more when she laughed at his words, not laughing at him, but more in a sweet way. Alexius followed her to the floor. Forgotten was the meal on the table, and even the drinks. He only had her on his mind and he caught her and held her close again. The more he kissed her the more he wanted kiss her again and again. But as they stood there, he touched her warmth between the thighs, there was still fabric between his fingers and her, but she could still feel him. And he felt her, tremble in his arms and gods he loved that. Her reaction. Her everything.

She opened her eyes when she spoke and she gasped as she continued the motion he began. Alexius couldn't help but smirk as she asked for more.

"As you say..." He nipped at her lips and continued to touch her, inching them closer towards the bed instead. His free hand tugged at her undergarment, "It would be much easier though... if this was off too..." 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Calpurnia never knew such a sensation, such a desire was possible. How could someone long for something, without knowing what it was? The little she knew about interactions between men and women never sounded particularly enticing or desirable. And yet, now that Alexius was kissing her and touching her, she needed to feel more. Learn more. He moved his hand again and she moaned, a sound that surprised her enough that her eyes flew open again. Gods, she'd never known she could be like this. With any man. Alexius pushed forward and she moved back, her leg bumping into the table before she steered around it. Bed. Yes.

"It would be much easier though... if this was off too..." 

The last barrier between her and him, the thin linen that covered her. She was already mostly naked, standing by the bed, holding and kissing a man who was touching her in very intimate ways, and yet this felt like a decision. To be completely naked with him. An act of trust.

And yet, the thought of him touching her without any barrier at all, that made her tremble again.

Her hand slid down, brushing against him, feeling hardness under his own garment. Oh. She knew enough to know what that meant. She pressed her hand against him, watching for his reaction.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Her will was his command and if she wanted more of his touches, more of the pleasure he just offered her, well that's what she'd have. Alexius wondered briefly how he should go about it all and thought it might be a good idea to bring her over the edge to begin with, just so she knew what she had the chance to experience again. Of course he didn't imagine she would last all night. This was her first time. She'd be exhausted. But he was hers for as long as she wanted him. Her servant, tonight. 

He loved hearing her moan, it made him hungry for more too, but he wanted her pleased and ready for more first. If she would have it, of course. He edged her towards the bed, mentioning she might want to drop the last bit of clothing she wore. Once they reached the edge of the bed, they stopped moving except for lips and hands. That's when she slid her hand down between them to his crotch where she'd definitely feel something hard. Alexius let out a little gasp by the feeling of her hand and then she pressed it harder against him. Alexius couldn't help but grind his hips against hers, like she'd done with his hand just a moment ago.

He smiled against her lips, words escaping his own, "Gods, Calpurnia..." And what else was there to say? Alexius moved both of his hands to remove the last bit of clothing he wore, so she could properly feel him. Well she did say she wanted to learn and he would be so happy to teach her and please her for as long as she had energy for it.

@Chevi

• Like 1

Alexius gasped at her touch, and Calpurnia felt a new rush of desire. Excitement. She could make him gasp like that; she could return the pleasure of his touch. It was an intoxicating feeling, a man like him being vulnerable around her. She wanted more of that. She wanted to see what else he could do, what else she could feel, what else they could experience together. He shed his last piece of clothing and so did she. The decision had been made.

The next few hours melted away. Calpurnia allowed Alexius to teach her about passion and pleasure. The first time he took her over the edge she saw stars, fingers digging into his shoulder as she bit back a cry that would have been way too loud. Gods, this man. She kissed him and held him, hands exploring his body eagerly, learning what made him gasp, what made him move against her, what made him smile a breathless smile. Calpurnia liked learning new things, and she knew these she would not easily forget. Alexius, in his turn, explored her body like it was the most exquisite thing in the universe.

Even as a Vestal, Calpurnia was a woman; women talked. Often in hushed tones and half-words, but they did. Calpurnia knew that a woman's first time was supposed to be something to endure; pain and submission to a husband. Well, she had no husband. She also had no use for submission, and Alexius made sure there was no pain, taking their time with every move. And once they found their rhythm, there was a whole lot pleasure, the kind Calpurnia had never dreamed before. Matching Alexius' gentle power, she found in herself a force of her own. The next time she felt waves of pleasure, she wanted to take him with her.

It was late night by the time they wore themselves out. Calpurnia listened to her own breathing slowly returning to normal as they lay all tangled up on the bed. The world had narrowed down to the dark little room, and the two of them breathing together. She didn't want to return to the outside world just yet. She made a satisfied little sound, turning to look at Alexius in the low light of the oil lamp.

@Atrice

• Like 1

For some reason, a Venus had left the Vesta temple in Rome. And she'd encountered Alexius and chosen to meet him again and here they were, lips pressed against each other, bodies close together and maybe it was her first time touching a man like that. It didn't matter though. It felt great, more than great, so much that he had to feel her for real and not through the fabric of his undergarment. He quickly shed that bit, only to continue. Letting her touch him was new, she wasn't some young woman who'd never done anything. She had experienced life for a long time, even if this was new to her. That didn't make it worse though. Quite the opposite. And there was a certain delight in letting it last, like he had done it with her. Alexius took his time, let her explore as much as he too explored her body. He was careful to be attentive to her needs and her desires, so he didn't suddenly go further than she wanted to go. But she let him do it, all that he thought she might like and all that he knew he'd like for her to do to him... and she responded eagerly to everything. He still had marks from her fingers on the back of his shoulders, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered but her, tonight. Nothing at all.

She lasted longer than he thought she would. She was so curious and it all just felt so easy and natural with her, despite that it was new to her. Alexius loved every moment. And he loved it even now, when they were both all done and they lay on the bed, close together in an embrace, their bodies still warm while they relaxed in an attempt to cool down. Alexius closed his eyes briefly and leaned towards her to catch the scent of her hair. Gods he could just stay like this forever

But his eyes opened at the little sound she made and he looked at her, seeing that she too was looking at him, "How do you feel, Venus of Rome?" Alexius asked with a little smile and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. Everything about it felt so right, didn't it? Was it always like this? Sometimes it was. Sometimes it was just pleasure and nothing more, sometimes it was a little more and then this... no, it was different. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

This part... this part was at least as good as what they had done before. Calpurnia stretched, enjoying the warmth of Alexius' body next to her. He held her, and pressed a kiss to her cheek. After the intense feelings and pleasure, it was quiet and comfortable now. They were both still covered in a sheen of sweat, and Calpurnia felt her legs tremble as she stretched.

"How do you feel, Venus of Rome?" 

"If you keep calling me Venus, you will anger the goddess" Calpurnia noted with a lazy smile, turning to nuzzle his neck. "And she has just blessed us..." Pleasure came from the goddess. But so did intimacy. Between two people who, for all intents and purposes, never should have met, let alone shared a bed together. And yet, they fit so well. She looked up at him curiously. "Is it always like this?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius loved all the pleasure, but what he loved most was pleasing the one he was with, bringing them over the edge towards satisfaction and the feeling of happiness. Forgetting the world around them, thinking of nothing but each other and what they were doing. And that's what they'd done. And now here they were, both satisfied and holding each other almost tenderly, relaxing now they had exhausted each other. He asked how she was feeling and she commented he'd anger the goddess if he kept calling her Venus.

"You're right, and I don't want that. It's just... what you are. To me." Alexius said. That was right now anyway, and well she might forever be Venus to him, he thought? Alexius would never even consider counting the number of lovers he had, for there had been countless of them over the years. Calpurnia could be another to add to that number. But she was more than that, wasn't she? She was perfect... and now she sweetly wondered if it was always like this.

"Sometimes, but not every time. It's nice though... especially with you." Alexius added with a smile and slid away, but only to pick up a cup of wine for both of them. He took a good gulp of his own and lay down again, looking at her and he reached out a hand to touch her skin, "You are so beautiful Calpurnia, did anyone tell you that?" Because she was. And someone should tell her. That someone being him.

@Chevi

• Like 1

Calpurnia was not naive; she knew Alexius had probably had many lovers before her. He had implied as much himself, and he used to be a gladiator. Men like him were very popular in Rome. She didn't mind. She was not in search of a respectable husband; she liked Alexius as a person, and she had thoroughly enjoyed what they had done together. She did wonder if it was the same for him every time.

"Sometimes, but not every time. It's nice though... especially with you. You are so beautiful Calpurnia, did anyone tell you that?" 

"Nice?..." she chuckled, rolling onto her stomach as he got up to get some wine. She was thirsty; she accepted the cup from him and drank too. "No, no one has told me that... not quite in this context anyway" she grinned. "You are a very attractive man, Alexius. And... very gentle." She sat up, making space for him on the bed. After all they had done, she did not feel shy at all. "Do you... do this often? I mean, with women like me?" Patrician women. Women who, married or not, were not supposed to do this at all.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius knew that she probably knew she was hardly his first to bed. Far from it, in fact. They'd not really talked about it, but there was the word on the street, his name on countless walls of Rome and well, it wasn't that hard to guess when you were with him, was it? How he'd done it before and knew just what to do. Alexius liked pleasing whomever he shared his bed with. He liked satisfying them, sending them over the edge, making them arch their backs and beg for more until they were exhausted from what he'd given them. Calpurnia was catching her breath now and it was nice and calm as they were talking. Alexius handed her a cup of wine as he took his own too, after he'd told her how nice it was with her and how insanely beautiful she was.

She chuckled at his comment and said no one had complimented her like that. And called him attractive and gentle.

"If you keep on flattering me like that, I'm going to think you're just out to seduce me." He said with a grin while his fingers gently danced upon her skin. Then she asked if he had done it often with women like her. Alexius chuckled again.

"I'd not say often. But I've done it before. Never with someone quite like you though." He'd never been with a Vestal before, because well... they were Vestals. And they were her age or older once they were allowed freedom from the temple again... but it didn't matter... "You shouldn't worry about that though. Right now, I prefer that you think of only me. And meanwhile I... can focus all my attention on you." Alexius said and kissed her shoulder gently.

@Chevi

• Like 1

"If you keep on flattering me like that, I'm going to think you're just out to seduce me." 

"That is a power I never thought I had" Calpurnia chuckled, leaning against him. It was funny to think of herself as someone who could seduce a man. She was not even sure who seduced whom, between the two of them. They just... worked together, somehow.

"I'd not say often. But I've done it before. Never with someone quite like you though. You shouldn't worry about that though. Right now, I prefer that you think of only me. And meanwhile I... can focus all my attention on you." 

Calpurnia sighed as he pressed a kiss to her skin. She wished she could stay all night. Or keep him in her room so they could be together, without counting the hours. Neither was very plausible. "I'm not worried. I knew what I was getting into." She smiled a little, turning to glance at him "... well, I knew some of what I was getting into."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Oh she most definitely had the power to seduce him, she might already have done it... but he was only joking, since he knew that Calpurnia was a virgin before this night. She just had the most precious smile that was contagious and the most exquisite body. And when it was Alexius that had such thoughts, they meant something! She chuckled about having the power to seduce him and he smiled, giving her another small kiss, "You have more power than you think, Calpurnia." Over me especially... but she had questions about if it was 'always like this' and if he 'did this often'. He answered her questions honestly, because she deserved it more than anyone. Yet he didn't wish for her to worry.

She sighed as he had kissed shoulder and said she did not worry and she knew what she was getting into, at least somewhat. He smiled back.

"Now you know more." Alexius said, curling an arm around her to hold her close. He knew this would not last forever, but he liked it with her, "You know... I would not mind seeing you again. If you would. If you say no, I won't be mad." He would understand, of course he would. She was a Patrician, her brother held so much power in Rome, she shouldn't even be here in the first place. But she was here and he liked having her here. He shouldn't, but he did.

@Chevi

• Like 1

Now she definitely knew more. And she did not regret her decision one bit. What she had done was bad, by the morals of Roman families, but what happened between her and Alexius felt... good. And right. And not a mistake at all. The gods themselves had done it, after all... Alexius wrapped an arm around her, and she smiled, returning his kiss.

"You know... I would not mind seeing you again. If you would. If you say no, I won't be mad."

"I'm saying yes" she said with a smile. She had been thinking about it in the past minutes. "I want to see you again. We just... need to find a way to be careful about it. As much as I think this is... right, for me, my family definitely wouldn't."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Gods he loved that she returned the kiss and the way she curled against his body as he held her. It did feel right and he wanted her again. Sometimes he had steady lovers. There were people he returned to, or rather, they returned to him, because what they did together was exceptionally good. But this was different, he thought. She was different. They'd shared pleasure tonight, but had they also done more than that? He wanted to see her again. And not just to share that pleasure, but because he liked her company. It was easy to relax with her and he didn't feel she was judging him at all.

He couldn't count on it happening again though, they both knew that this was probably supposed to be a one-time thing, once in a lifetime, and maybe she'd just done it because she was curious and Alexius was more than happy to fulfill her wish for knowledge. Now he'd done it. And dared to ask for more.

She did want to see him again. Alexius couldn't help but smile as she said it, although she continued about how they had to be careful. Alexius sighed.

"I know. The social system in Rome... sometimes I wish it wasn't there." He said. Very often he wished it wasn't there. But it was, "We will be careful, then. I won't betray your trust." Alexius looked at her face, moving a hand up to trace her lines, "It's a pity we can't make time stand still." May Fortuna be on his side as so often before, in this matter too.

@Chevi

• Like 1

"I know. The social system in Rome... sometimes I wish it wasn't there."

Calpurnia sighed. She benefited from being born into one of the most prestigious families in Rome. She was chosen as a Vestal, and so she would live her life surrounded by respect and privilege. She had learned to value herself, and now that she was free, she could make choices other women wouldn't. But none of that made Rome any more fair to people like Alexius. Or people like the two of them, together. Aulus would straight up drop dead if he ever found out his sister had bedded a former gladiator.

"We will be careful, then. I won't betray your trust... It's a pity we can't make time stand still." 

"I know." she knew he wouldn't betray her. He was just not that kind of person. She wished she could stay more with him. Spend the rest of the night. She leaned into his touch. "We can't. But we can make more time. We'll find a way." She smiled a little. "I wasn't in a hurry to get married before anyway, but now, I doubt any husband would be the same." Not the old senators that would be a suitable match to her. "I'll come back to you."

@Atrice

• Like 1

When Alexius - quite kindly, actually - cursed the social system of Rome, Calpurnia sighed too. Like she agreed with him. It was all so fucked up, that some people had to marry for wealth and because it was the right thing to do for the family and for honor, rather than marrying someone because you liked them. Or just being with someone because you liked them. Instead of being unable to be with them, because you had that duty towards your family and your honor. Fuck it all. He was here with Calpurnia, it was nice, more than nice, it had been as perfect as it could be and he wanted more of it. And she did too. They'd be careful.

Calpurnia agreed with him again and he squeezed her against his own body, how did she say the right thing all the time? Yet they could not make time stand still. Alexius smiled when she promised they'd find a way and she wasn't in a hurry to get married anyway. She promised she'd come back to him.

"I hope you will." Alexius said, "Because I want to come back to you too." He said and kissed her again, smiling against her lips, teasing her as he held onto her, "What if I just don't let you go?" 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Somehow, against all odds, two people that seemed fundamentally different had found each other in this strange city, and they fit well together. Calpurnia was not going to question how that happened. She just enjoyed being wrapped in Alexius' arms for a moment. She would have to leave soon; staying out all night would have been suspicious. But she'd take a few more minutes. She smiled as he kissed him, and returned the kiss.

"What if I just don't let you go?

"Well, eventually the urban cohorts will knock down the door, and my brother will have a fit" she chuckled, wrapping her arms around his shoulders to pull him down onto the bed again. "And you will be more notorious than you are."

@Atrice

• Haha 1

Every time she returned his kisses it felt like a dream come true. And her body naked against his own was exactly the same. Her lovely long legs, her feminine shapes, the long and blonde hair she had. Her lips, her eyes. Alexius did wish they could make time stand still and just stay here. He joked about not letting go of her and although she responded with a laugh, they both knew that what she said was true. The urban cohorts would find them. Her brother would... do something bad. To Alexius. And to her, because he probably had that power, if he was Pater Familias, and he was, wasn't he? 

Alexius chuckled at her last comment though, "Is that possible?" He replied, "I think I'm good with what I've got though. And with you. How... when... will we meet again? This place? Or perhaps... away from Rome?" Away from the prying eyes of the city, that sounded like a good plan in his head. A place where they could just be them, together, alone. Once again, that would be a dream come true. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Calpurnia was asking herself the same questions. Propriety was not holding her back, but logistics were. She'd need a way to meet him, to spend more time with him, and make sure no one would find out, or make any assumptions. She couldn't hire him as a bodyguard. Too obvious. She trusted Tacita, not because she was mute, but because she was loyal and clever. But the rest of the household... not so much.

Calpurnia sighed, enjoying lying in Alexius' arms while it lasted.

"I do have a small villa outside of Rome" she said, musing about the possibilities. "I could go there, bring only my body slave... And somehow make your presence not too conspicuous?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

The big question was how and when to meet again. They didn't know, when they planned this, that they'd want to see each other again. But it had been so good, so lovely and it felt so comfortable and so right and he knew he'd want her again. And not just because he wanted her body, but because it felt good to just hold her and be close to her. And she had such a great humor, she made him laugh and she laughed too. Everything felt good with her. 

He heard her sigh and kissed her hair again, before she suddenly mused about a villa outside of Rome that she could go to. Her own villa? Alexius arched a brow, impressed. 

"Yes that's the thing... with my... reputation in Rome... people easily suspect things." Alexius said. For the first time, it seemed like it was a problem. Usually, his fame was not an issue, but right now, it was a huge problem... "I'll have to consider how to go there without it being connected to you." He said thoughtfully but then gave her a smile, because there was no reason to lose hope yet and he didn't want to make her sad, "We'll find a way." 

@Chevi

• Like 1

"We'll find a way" Calpurnia echoed. There were a lot of things to work out, with a plan like that. But she wanted to see Alexius again; she wanted to spend an entire night with him without worrying about who will suspect what was happening. It was unfair that they had to feel like they were playing with fire, for something that just felt right. Alexius smiled at her and she smiled back. This had been the very last thing she'd expected when the man ran into the fabrics she was trying to buy. And yet, here they were. The gods must have had a plan of some sort. They would find a way. 

@Atrice

• Thanks 1