Who waits forever anyway?

He chuckled when she said he was sweet and then said Calpurnia was probably as needy as he was, if the feeling was mutual. By the gods he hoped it was so! Else he was indeed a fool for love. Although he still was. Loving someone he shouldn't have. Should never have spoken to or touched. Yet here they were. And they weren't getting anywhere. Alexius suggested following Ovinia to where she was going and she squeezed his arm again with kind words and then sighed. Explaining that she did plan on going to Vesta, but now she considered Venus or Fortuna.

"I can't decide if Fortuna has left me or if she's given me too much. I do feel fortunate, loving a woman like... her. But on the other hand, I shouldn't." Alexius said and stood, letting his arm link with hers, "Of course I'll accompany you. Oh to the temple you mean? Why not?" He added with a smile. Maybe it would be a good idea. Maybe Venus would be kind to him, if he spoke to her. He recalled how he and Calpurnia had joked, when he called her Venus. She feared the goddess might be angered. Who knew if that was the case? Better get on her good side then. 

@Sara

• Like 1