Same Old, Same Old [M-S]

Sara

She nodded, repeating the words; "The Gardens of Sallust..." She nodded. They sounded familiar, maybe one o the clients or the other girls had talked about them. "And what would I do? Just...sit and look at the beauty?" She grinned. She liked to be useful. Helpful. Busy. She wasn't sure that idleness would suit her but she'd try. "And I have a plain tunica," she reached, stretching under her bed to fish out the neatly folded worn garment. Cheap. Tatty. But plain at least. She chuckled as she held it over herself. "Do I look respectable Tiranes?" No, was the obvious answer, given what they'd just done.

But he heard the footsteps as she did and he fumbled to dress himself as Ione curled under the blanket on the thin bed. Her eyes widened as he held out a coin, her lips parting a little in surprise. "I...I couldn't..." Tiranes was a slave just like her. Owned nothing, not even his body. With a soft sigh she folded her thin fingers over his and closed his around the coin. "Keep it. Save it for next time." She smiled softly and then, unceremoniously, the curtain separating her cell from the corridor was yanked open and a sneering guard stood there watching the two of them. "Out. Now." He jerked his thumb at Jason. "You've had your fill. Or Ione has at least." He snorted in amusement.

TAG: @Sharpie

• Like 1

"Till next time, then," he said, extracting his hand from hers, carefully minus the coin - he was owned by not just a Senator, but a relation of the Emperor, he was willing to bet that he got more, and more frequent, peculium than she did. An as was a small enough amount of money to give her - and he was willing that she wouldn't see much more than that from what he'd paid for her time.

"I'm going," he said, buckling his belt and ignoring the look on the guard's face. "Surely you don't mind letting customers get dressed after they're finished?"

Of course he minded; every moment a man took to get dressed was a moment that the girl (or boy; there were at least two male prostitutes here) wasn't with the next customer.

He didn't particularly want to find himself back here again any time soon, but he wouldn't mind seeing Ione again, even just to talk to. She was far too sweet to be here, really. She needed something good to happen to her, though Jason couldn't think what the something might be, nor how to give it to her. An as was nothing, really.

He gave her a private smile and slipped out. Tiberius would surely be wanting him soon, and he needed to get the brothel smell off his skin before returning to the villa in the Gardens of Sallust.

@Sara

• Like 1