What Little I Know [M]

Sara

She winced. "Because I like him." She agreed. Gods, that made her sound so...vacuous. As if her entire worldview could be turned on its axis because of some guy. But then again, why not? Her previous view of the world had likewise been shaped by some other guys, after all. 

She sighed, shaking her head. There was more to it than that though. "And because he sees things differently to most people I know. He...doesn't want what men like him should want so...it makes me question why I do the things I do or want the things I want." She sighed, frowning and slumping back against the wall. "But it doesn't matter in the long run I suppose, my path will correct itself eventually. And at least I'll have good memories." she smiled, sadly. 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

She did like him. A lot, apparently, and not just because he was a nice piece of man to look at. From what Aia gathered, he had been a patrician before he was a vigile. Which was, indeed, curious. But it also meant Ovinia would not marry him. Poor girl.

"Better make some good memories, then, huh" she noted with a soft smile. "I'm sorry, though. That, you know. You can't be together."

@Sara

• Sad 1

"Yeah." She cleared her throat and - despite herself - blush. Nice memories indeed. Like Saturnalia. And the library. Even Neptunalia, now she was looking at it in a different light. She cleared her throat to will the images away, because Aia (and herself) was right. They couldn't be together. 

she swallowed and shrugged her shoulders lightly. "I..." She what? She sighed and fiddled with the ends of her hair. "I just hope my husband is as good as him." which is perhaps the saddest thing anybody in love with somebody could say. She sighed again and bit her lip. "And...he takes it well. When...I have to get married." Because the Gods knew she couldn't hold it together for both of them. "Was there anybody else for you? Before your Praetorian?" she asked hopefully.

• Like 1

"I... I just hope my husband is as good as him. And...he takes it well. When...I have to get married."

"Let's hope. Men can be all drama sometimes." Aia smirked. As far as she knew, husbands rarely wee anywhere near as good as lovers. And lovers never took heartbreak well. But hopefully this girl had some time yet to brace herself for both.

"Was there anybody else for you? Before your Praetorian?"

"Not really" Aia shook her head with a soft smile. "I mean, I flirted with some women... but it never went anywhere for obvious reasons. Decimus was... the first person I felt safe around."

@Sara

• Like 1

She laughed, genuinely, relieved that her spirits were lifting, even just a little. "They claim its all women...being dramatic but..." she rolled her eyes. Her father, her brothers all dramatic in their own ways. Lucius, even, with his need to be different. Not for the first time the scandalous thought  that the world would be a much simpler, calmer place with women in charge crossed her mind. 

But she sighed and studied Aia, nodding a little. "I...I thought I had that. Once before...there was a man who said he adored me." She smiled a little sadly. "Also called Decimus but...he was using me. I...I don't think Lucius is. And I suppose...despite the risks I...feel safe." She groaned and dropped her head into her hands. "I don't know why I can't snap myself out if it. It's ridiculous. Dangerous." 

• Like 1