Flowers for Spring [M]

Sara

She gave him a smug smile. "Good. I shall look forward to playing it terribly so your ears bleed." She chuckled and then narrowed her eyes as he hesitated a bit for his choice. She tilted her head and then when he spoke her brows shot up. That was...surprising. "I thought you didn't rate my voice." He certainly hadn't mentioned it since that first day they'd met. She moved to fold her arms over her chest. "And fine. But not in public." Obviously. 

And then with a brief inclination of her head she...ran. Away. Back in the direction they had come, desperate to win, desperate to find a rabbit. "I'll meet you at the bench!" She called over her shoulder. Now...where would a rabbit be hiding?

TAG: @Chevi

• Haha 1

"Hey!" Lucius called after her, but she bolted, disappearing among the flower beds. He did not like her running off alone; as long as Lucia was not there, he felt responsible for her safety. So he made his way in the same direction, intent on keeping an eye on her... and maybe also finding a rabbit. He rustled some bushes as he went.

• Haha 1

This was good. This was the first time she'd been alone, properly alone, since that awful, dreadful afternoon and...she hadn't even noticed. Too intent on winning she didn't give it a second thought and instead crouched down, trying to see any white fluffy tails. She grumbled as there was nothing. 

A rustling in the bushes caught her attention though and she whipped her head around, gently, softly, kneeling down to peer underneath the bush. She grinned in delight. There, buried in the flowerbeds, cowering, was the tiniest of grey bunnies. It must be a young one and looked terrified but gingerly she reached in, trying to be as silent as possible. 

• Like 1

Lucius saw a flash of Ovinia's green dress among the bushes. As he rustled one, the tiny grey bunny bolted; it hopped towards Ovinia but then noticed her and changed directions, zigzagging around to where Lucius was standing. "Bunny!" Lucius called, wholly unnecessarily, and started chasing the tiny animal, until he managed to corner it by a wall. He gently caught it between his hands. 

• Haha 1

Ovinia could almost touch it, the bunny was so close to her fingertips and she had a broad, wide grin on her face as she leant down and then...it bolted and she groaned, frustrated. But not all was lost...until she heard footsteps the other side of the bush and then Lucius' voice calling out triumphant. "No!" She yelled and furiously rounded the bush to see Lucius clutching the tiny, baby bunny. She gave him a withering stare. "That was mine!" 

• Like 1

"I caught it, fair and square" Lucius stated, turning to look at her, flushed from the chase. He smiled, holding up the wiggling bunny. It really was adorable up close, small and fluffy. "But I'll happily give it to you. For a song" he added with a grin.

• Haha 1

She glared at him, furious. Ovinia hated to lose. But...the way he was cradling the tiny little animal stilled her. It really was incredibly adorable. She rolled her eyes. "Here? Now?" She folded her arms across her chest. "Can you not take payment at a later date and give me Hop now?" She tilted her head. She really had no idea how she was going to get it home. Perhaps she should buy a basket.

• Haha 1

"Payment at a later date comes with interest." Lucius told her, smiling as he held the bunny to his chest. He knew Ovinia was miffed at losing, but that was just the nature of the game. He walked over to her. "If you don't want that interest to be too high, we'll have to meet again very soon." 

• Haha 1

She rolled her eyes, grumbling. But as he strode over to her she sighed and relented, dropping her arms down by her side. She tried  to look peeved but his proximity, and the proximity of little Hop was enough to make her smile. She moved a finger to softly stroke the bunnies little face. So unbelievably adorable. 

"And where do you propose we do that?" She chuckled, shaking her head. "There's no good festivals next month." She sighed a little, dejected. 

• Like 1

"Look at who's an expert on festivals now" he grinned, carefully placing the bunny in her hands, making sure she had it before he let go. Hop seemed comfortable with being held by her. Lucius kissed her on the forehead. "I'll think about it. And I promise I'll find a place."

@Sara

• Like 1

She rolled her eyes. "I've been studying up, I didn't want you to mock me." She mumbled as she delicately took Hop, smiling widely, genuinely. She'd also studied up because she wanted an excuse to see him. Desperately yearned for it, in fact. 

With a sigh she melted into his chest - Hop smushed between them - as he kissed her forehead. "No brothels." She mumbled, "Or Hospitia's where I'll be noticed..." She sighed and then glanced up at him. "Thank you. For Hop I mean. Not for anything else." She grinned.

• Like 1

She smiled down at the little bunny. "I'll have to protect it from Typhon but...I can already feel it relaxing." She grinned up at him and then her smile softened into one of genuine contentment as he pressed a kiss to her cheek. She sighed deeply. Relaxed. "I love you too."