The day that never was [M]

Chevi

"Quaint. Why did they think yellow was a good colour for an atrium?"

Lucius chuckled, shaking his head and following her up the stairs. "Next time, let me know ahead of time what color unoccupied domus I should find for our lunch together" he grinned, watching her push a door open and find a spacious room. It really was a nice room, painted in softer colors, and a window opening to the inside garden in full bloom. Not even the noise of Rome's streets could reach it.

"It's beautiful." 

"It is, isn't" he smiled, joining her at the window. He was only half looking at the view.

@Sara

• Like 1

"I like greens and blues." She retorted, glancing at him with a sly smile over her shoulder. The most expensive colours, because of course. But she was soon distracted by the room. The view really was quite something. It largely focused on the blooming garden but over the roof of the domus one could see an expanse of the city in the distance - although mostly all that could be heard was birdsong and the sound of her own heartbeat. 

She felt him draw next to her and she smiled softly, moving again to wind his arm around his waist. Touching him like this, even chaste as this was, was still a novelty after so many months of snatched moments. The intimacy was something altogether different. And thrilling. She turned her face up to his, tilting her chin. "You said downstairs you wanted to kiss me?" 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

Ovinia drew closer to him, and he wrapped his around around her. It was different, softer than their moment in the gardens, but Lucius reveled in it, reveled in not being rushed or being on alert, and being allowed to hold her and take his time. She tilted her chin up and he smiled, leaning down to kiss her.

@Sara

• Like 1

As he leant down she smiled against his lips and moved the arm that was wound around his waist, to his shoulders to draw him closer. It was a soft kiss, at least at first and she just slowly let herself sink into the sensations, into the closeness of him, into the perfectness of the moment. 

But she wanted more. She had decided, long before she'd ascended the stairs, that she wanted more and needed it and deserved it and so with a soft moan she deepened the kiss, her other arm moving to his chest, fingers splayed over his heart, feeling it beat beneath them.

• Like 1

The kiss was soft and loving, but it did not remain chaste for long. Ovinia pulled him closer, and Lucius felt his own heartbeat jump, like it always did when they kissed. His hands traveled to her hips and he deepened the kiss, running his tongue over her lips, and moaning softly. She tasted like ambrosia. He drew her closer, flush against him, his palms traveling the curve of her back.

@Sara

• Like 1

She shuddered as his tongue travelled across her lips, his hands caressing her back. She was already lost to his touch. She had no frame of reference for this level of intimacy but she didn't understand how it could get better. She was breathless when she pulled back, resting her forehead against his, trying to draw in a breath as well as she could. 

"How l-long," She murmured as she kissed him briefly, playfully, "Have you wanted to do this?" Her own fingers softly traced the contours of his shoulders, of  his arms, of his chest, feeling the strength of his body in a way she'd wanted to do for months. It was better than in her dreams. 

• Like 1

"Since Neptunalia." She admitted to him, hands still moving reverently over his body. She'd never touched a man before, not like this, not with the inquisitive focus she now had. "Since I saw you soaked in your tunic and I didn't understand what I felt." She have him a slightly embarrassed but sly look. Then she tilted her chin back up to capture his lips again, this time slightly more urgent as memories of that day, of Saturnalia, of the library, of the gardens, filtered back into her mind. 

• Sad 1

Lucius grinned at her admission. For a Roman maiden, she was surprisingly straightforward with those lately. The idea that she'd wanted him... that she'd thought of him that way, made him feel a new wave of want for her. He kissed her back, matching the sense of building passion, one hand running into her hair, tilting her head gently to deepen the kiss.

@Sara

• Like 1

Ovinia moaned against his lips as he deepened the kiss. It was heaven and the fingers splaying into her hair didn’t help her keep her sense. With a burning need to do more, be more with him, she reached up to pluck out the pins that held lose braids half-up in her hair until her long dark hair tumbled down her back. This was a day of firsts: even as a maiden and thus allowed to have her hair down without judgement, he’d not seen it completely undone or unstyled.

Her hands then returned to grip his shoulders deeply, hard, until her head was swimming and she lost her balance, leaning back against the wall and window ledge. She felt the breeze flutter her skin , her hair. She broke apart with panting breath and flushed cheeks, her eyes dark for him.

• Like 1

Ovinia's hair came tumbling down, and Lucius ran his hand through it. It was like silk. Something about her, with her hair down like that, was even more attractive. He knew, somewhere in the back of his mind, that only her husband was supposed to see her like this. He didn't care. He kissed her with passion and longing, until she leaned back against the wall by the window. He looked down at her, well kissed and framed by the sunshine and the flowers outside. "You're so beautiful" he breathed, leaning in to kiss his way along her jaw, below her ear and down her neck.

@Sara

• Like 1

She was breathless and flushed from the exertion of the kisses, but his compliment made her blush further and she let out a little gasp of desire as he tilted her head up to kiss along her jaw, her neck. She shuddered, eyes closing in pleasure as she let the wind  buffet her hair, her skin but she couldn't claim the goosebumps were just because of it. 

She could only take so much though and her fingers moved to grip the window ledge, nails curling into the wood as she choked at the sensations he provoked. She murmured breathlessly. "This is what I dreamed of." She managed to pry one hand from the ledge to move to his hair, fingers curling into it, gripping on.

• Like 1

He could feel her. He could feel her breath hitch, and her heart hammering, and he felt her fingers curl into his hair. It was maddening. Lucius kissed his way down Ovinia's neck to her collarbone, and one of his hands slid along her body, caressing her breast. The sensation made him moan too, her words ringing in his ear. She'd been dreaming about him. "Me too" he breathed, lifting his head to look at her again.

@Sara

• Like 1

She let out a sound that was somewhere in-between a gasp, a moan, and a choke as his hand found her breast. She knew this was wrong, utterly, utterly wrong but she was also sure this was the best thing she'd ever done for herself. It was also the only thing she wanted right now. Him. She wanted him

Her fingers traced along the contours of the muscles of his arms, his shoulders, snaking down from his hair. Her eyes were still shut, head turned into the side of the window, breath hard. It was only when he stopped the kisses that she cracked them with a choke and turned her head a fraction to glance at him. He was looking at her, with something indescribable in his eyes. She swallowed, lips parted and then managed to stutter out: "What should I do?" Suddenly she wasn't alone in her room after everybody had gone to bed. Suddenly there was a real life man in front of her and...she found it an altogether very different...and bewildering experience. 

• Like 1

Ovinia looked up at him, flushed and dark-eyed, and the world seemed to fall away from the two of them. He'd waited for this for so long. He wanted her so much. She asked, looking hesitant. Lucius watched her, lifting her hand to kiss her knuckles. "I would like to take you to bed" he whispered. "And I would like to touch you. And hold you." Way, way beyond the bounds of propriety. "I promise we won't go too far." He added. There were lines they could not cross. "And if you say no, to anything... we'll stop. That's the only way this works."

@Sara

• Like 1

She shuddered at his whisper, no longer embarrassed by the reaction her body produced when he spoke to her in that low voice of his, as he touched her. She moved her thumb from his grip to stroke his lips, watching them rather than his face. Her heart was beating a frenetic rhythm against her chest but out of excitement. Not fear.

She nodded. "I trust you." She murmured, still focusing on his lips. And then she glanced up, a little awkward and gave him a small smile. "But...you did not answer my question. What...do I do? When you do that..." She swallowed, her mouth suddenly dry as a desert, "To me...what do I do...to you?" Her eyes were focused on his, hesitant but...excited.

• Like 1

Gods, she was beautiful. Lucius smiled at her. Her question... made sense, but it still made breath hitch in his throat. He had been so focused on her, or making her feel safe, than he had forgotten to consider... himself. He gave her a bright smile. "I'll show you. Come on."

It only took a few moments to take the sheets off the bed, and make a comfortable nest. Once it was done, Lucius took Ovinia's hand, and pulled her away from the window.

FTB

@Sara

• Like 1

It had been...beyond words. He'd touched her and kissed her in ways, in places, she had never expected was possible. But he had been respectful. Kept his distance. Not done anything that would have crossed the very last line that would have ruined her beyond every measure. Instead they had focused on her pleasure. His had seemed almost incidental. But even now, led in the bed, naked and watching as he cleaned up she was in a state of trembling awe. 

She moved her fingers to trace over the lines of his shoulder and then, as he rolled back to his side, she shuffled closer to him, also lying on her side, her thigh brushing his as she reached up her fingers to stroke his jaw. She whispered. "I...thought I would feel guilty...but I don't." She should. By every measure she should. He was the first man to see her naked. The first man to touch her. To make her climax. To climax himself, in her presence but...there was no guilt. He was deserving of the honour she should have rightfully bestowed on a husband. It was perfect. He was perfect. 

• Like 1

He lay down, facing her. She was so, so beautiful, glowing after the pleasure they shared. And she did not feel guilt. Not yet anyway. Lucius wanted to stay in this moment as long as he was allowed. His hand slid into her hair, and he pulled her closer.

"Ovinia... you fucking gorgeous, incredible woman" he smiled, pressing his lips to hers in a short kiss that spoke volumes. "I love you. C'mere." He pulled her to his side, so she could rest her head on his shoulder, wrapping his arms around her.

@Sara

• Like 1

She grinned and let out what was really quite a girlish giggle at his compliment and then pressed a kiss chastely  to her lips. She smiled against them and murmured back before he could move; "I love you too. You insane, brilliant, Adonis." And then she allowed herself to be pulled over, settling with her head against his chest, her arm stretched out over him, fingers playing across the muscle of his upper arm. 

"This changes so much." She murmured quietly, barely audibly. 

• Like 1

"I hope not" he grinned, holding her close. Adonis, as pretty as he was, did not end up very lucky. He was content to just be Lucius, holding Ovinia for now.

"This changes so much." 

She was whispering, but he heard her, and sighed. It did. It changed his entire world. "For better or worse?" he smirked, hand stroking her shoulder gently.

@Sara

• Like 1

"Both." She said quietly. "For better because now I know how we will be spending every moment we have together...and I know what my dreams will be filled with..." She chuckled... "For worse..." She breathed and shook her head. He knew. He knew that now she had to go into a marriage with somebody that wasn't him. Lie in the bed of another man and if she was lucky, take pleasure from him, or if not, suffer his advances all the while knowing what she was missing. 

She breathed and felt his heart start to calm under her ear. She pressed a kiss to his chest. "I really...never expected...that..." She breathed. "I..." She didn't know how to explain and so instead just said; "Thank you." 

• Like 1

Every moment we have together. Lucius knew he would never forget any of this. He was floating in a sense of bliss, holding her, images of her playing again and again in his mind.

For worse...

She knew what she was missing now. If she married someone else... she'd know. And he would know, too. The thought threatened to kill him, so he swatted it away, squeezing Ovinia gently closer as their bodies cooled from the heat of passion.

"I really...never expected...that... I... Thank you." 

"Thank you" Lucius murmured with a smile, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "I wanted to give you that... Whatever happens." He closed his eyes. "But I'm not letting you go just yet."

@Sara

• Like 1

Whatever happens. They both knew what would happen. Her marriage to some important man was as inevitable as dawn following night. The question of who it was, which important man was the only outstanding question. She sunk closer to his skin as he pressed a kiss to her hair and smiled. 

Then she tilted her face up to look at him, a gleam of amusement in her eyes as her other hand stretched to pull the sheet over them - the breeze from the window cooling her skin to much. She propped herself up on his chest and peered up at him. "Oh?" She arched a brow. "What other activities did you have in mind for this afternoon, my love?" 

• Haha 1

Lucius looked up at Ovinia leaning on his chest, arching an eyebrow in mock disbelief.

"Woman, if you expect more entertainment, you need to give me at least ten minutes to breathe..." he chuckled. He had no plans. They had already done more than he could have ever hoped for. He just wanted to hold her, as long as he could.

@Sara

• Haha 1