The day that never was [M]

Chevi

"I'm looking to see if I've left any marks" he told her, looking over her smooth skin. He wished he could mark her. He'd kissed her and tasted her, but he had been careful, even in their passion, not to bite her in a way that would leave a mark. Those were... easy to notice, and hard to explain. "I haven't." he assured her, kissing her shoulder. He tilted his head, baring his neck to her. "How about you?"

@Sara

• Like 1

She smiled a little, trying to keep it off of her face but she couldn't. She shivered again at his kiss on her shoulder and she moved to kneel up, tucking the sheet around herself to cover her modesty. Not that she should have really, given what they'd done. 

She brushed her fingers over his neck and grimaced. "I...might have been a little less restrained." She chuckled and brushed over a blossoming bruise on the base of his neck and then a few scratch marks from her nails on his chest. She suspected his back was just as bad. "M'sorry." She chuckled and leant down to kiss the scratches softly. "But now I really do have to go..." 

TAG: @Chevi

• Haha 1

He grinned as she explored the marks she'd left. He didn't mind. No one really questioned a man, especially a vigile, about things like that. Or if they did, they would just make some crude jokes about it, and the blonde woman he'd been seen with. And in the meantime, secretly, he'd know. That the signs of passion had come from Ovinia.

"I know." he sighed, slowly getting out of bed. "Do you need help getting dressed?"

@Sara

• Like 1

She grumbled in protest as he got up and she knew that the time really was drawing to a close. She huffed and moved to lie on her back, legs dangling over the edge of the bed and she stretched her arms up. "No, but I need you to help me up or I'm going to stay here all day." She grinned and wiggled her fingers for him to help her. 

• Like 1

Lucius laughed, turning back to the bed to take her hands and help her up. He pulled her close, giving her a soft kiss; their last moments being skin to skin. For now. He let go of her hesitantly, finding his clothes again and starting on getting dressed. "I will keep an eye on this house" he promised, giving her a smile. "As long as it is not sold... it's not a bad place. For us."

@Sara

• Like 1

She allowed herself to be pulled up and stumbled against him with a soft, genuine laugh. That was promptly wiped from her lips as he ducked down for a kiss which she sunk into. She'd miss this. This afternoon had been intimate in every way - but beyond the pleasure, there had been a quiet comfort in the chaste  touches, the soft kisses, the lingering looks that had been utterly unexpected. 

When he pulled back and let go of her she mourned his absence and pouted a little before she padded away to find her chiton, crumpled on the floor. She grimaced and stepped into it, tying one corner of the shoulders as she listened. "It's an excellent find." She agreed with a little sigh. "Although maybe you could find one with more tasteful wall paintings." She teased, "Consider it a birthday gift for me." She said casually, as if he'd know that she was turning twenty next week. 

• Like 1

Lucius groaned, rolling his eyes at her comment about the wall paintings, but then he turned to tilt his head at her.

"Birthday?"

It dawned on him that, for all the things he knew and loved about Ovinia, he did not know when her birthday was. He walked over behind her to wrap his arms around her and kiss her shoulder. "I am assuming you have high expectations."

@Sara

• Like 1

She gave him a small, impish smile and nodded. "The big two-zero. On the nones1." 

She gave him a satisfied sigh and pressed herself in comfort into his chest, fingers stroking over the arms that held her waist. She didn't want to move to finish tying the shoulders of her dress. It was amazing to her how she could draw so much comfort...and so much pleasure from such a simple, intimate touch like this hug. 

"Very high. Last year, the day after my birthday, I met a very irritating man who made me sing in public so I'm hoping this year will be better." She chuckled and raised one of his hands to kiss his knuckles. How had it already been almost a year since they met? "What are you going to get me?" 

7th May

Edited by Sara
  • Haha 1

Lucius laughed softly, enjoying holding her for a moment longer. "I am... not going to make you sing in public this year?" he ventured. Had it really been a year? It felt like a lifetime ago. He had some ideas of what he'd love to give her for her birthday... but those things were best left done, not spoken. He smiled, kissing her temple before he let go of her so she could continue getting dressed.

"I don't know yet. But your high expectations are noted" he grinned.

@Sara

• Like 1

She snorted in amusement, a very un-Ovinia like sound and then let out a giggle. "Maybe another private show." She offered with a contented sigh as he pressed a kiss to her temple. "But something more upbeat next time, maybe. Or maybe you could sing to me, as your present." 

She grinned at him as she stepped away  to finishing tying the shoulders of her chiton and she bent down to scoop up her belt and her palla. "Would you expect anything less than that though, from me?" She chuckled as she clasped her belt and set about winding her palla around herself, taking her time to draw out the last few moment they had together. 

She did frown at him though. "When is your birthday?" 

• Like 1

No. He did not expect anything less from her. Lucius smiled, running his hand through his hair as he watched her get dressed. He wished she could stay.

"Kalends of Ianuarius" he answered his question with a smirk. "But I'll just take Saturnalia as an early birthday present" he added, walking over to her to steal a kiss.

@Sara

• Like 1

Ovinia chuckled and then tilted her head with a quizzical frown. "I...also don't know how old you are?" She asked. He couldn't have been that much older than her but then he had mentioned he was late starting the cursus, didn't he? So perhaps a handful of years? How...had she never asked him before?

As she finished wrapping her palla and set about running her fingers through her tangled hair to try and tame it she smiled as he swiftly ducked down for a kiss. "Mhmm." She moved her arms to loop around his neck. "Good job you don't have a birthday soon then. You're quite difficult to please you know." 

• Like 1

"Am I, really?" he quirked an eyebrow at her. He wasn't. He loved being with her, and he adored anything she had to give. He kissed her on the forehead, before he gently turned her, running his fingers through her hair to help smooth it out. "I am twenty-four, by the way."

@Sara

• Like 1

"Yes." She smirked. "Very demanding. And particular." she grinned, lying as he helped smooth out her hair. She moved her arms from his shoulders to link around his waist, unwilling to let him go. 

"You're an old man, Lucius." She chuckled. "Good job I'm willing to be your nurse in your frailty." She chuckled and stretched up to kiss him softly. Lingeringly. With a little mewl of pleasure before she withdrew with a sad look in her eyes. She knew she had to go but was utterly unwilling to break the magic of the afternoon. "When can I see you again?" She breathed. 

• Like 1

"You're an old man, Lucius. Good job I'm willing to be your nurse in your frailty."

Lucius wrapped his arms around her in a hug, burying his face in her shoulder. No, she wouldn't. He knew she was joking, but he knew that one day he would be an old man. And she was not going to be next to him. The illusion they had built for a few hours was coming apart. He just wanted to say goodbye to her before he had to face it.

"When can I see you again?"

"Soon" he muttered, pulling back to kiss her on the forehead. "I promise. Send word when you can get away. I'll have a place for us." He looked at her with a soft smile. "I love you, Ovinia."

@Sara

• Like 1

She sunk into his hug with a murmur of contentment, not noting his upset but instead just enjoying the moment. The double meaning of her words didn't occur to her and when he pressed a kiss to her forehead she smiled at him, nodding. Then she rose her fingers to cup his cheek. 

"I'll hold you to that." And then she sighed, looking into his dark eyes - so like her own - for a long moment before her smile relaxed into something softer, something more genuine. She stretched up on her toes to kiss him softly, murmuring against his lips. "I love you too, Lucius." and then she pulled back and reality seeped in. "Now...I'm going to go...and you clean up." she chuckled and with that she pulled away, mourning his loss immediately. She did cast him one final glance over her shoulder though before she slipped from the room and the domus. She was smiling all the way to Lucia but deep in her chest there was an ache. A desire for something more. One she'd never get rid of.

• Like 1