In the faint light of the night someone spoke to him and only then did he recall he had Ione here, still. He couldn't find the cup and Ione left - but only to return with a lit oil lamp, which bathed the room in a warm glow. He looked up at her, with her wet hair and face and holding the lamp. How was he feeling? Well he wasn't feeling hot anymore. Maybe he really did need the sleep. Fuck, this was the second night away from the brothel, wasn't it? Well if he felt better, maybe it was time to return... first though, something to drink...

"Better, I think. I'm thirsty. I don't know where the cup went." Lucius said and looked around. Maybe it had rolled underneath the bed or something. He waited for Ione to look for it, as he suspected she would. It was a surprise she wasn't looking already, as if the water in her hair didn't tell her that he'd reached for said water...

@Sara

• Like 1

Ione fluttered him a relieved smile as he said he felt better. "That's excellent news domine, I'm so glad." She nodded and then crouched down, trying to fish the cup out from where it had rolled under the bed. Procuring it, she blew dust off the edge before pouring some of the watered wine from the cup - holding it out to him. 

She kept her eyes lowered as she spoke, her voice light but she felt her heart hammering against her ribs. "I...I have enjoyed looking after you domine, being here...these past few days." It had given her purpose versus her work at the brothel. Besides her looks, she was far more suited to life as a house slave. 

TAG: @Atrice

• Like 1

She seemed truly relieved that he was feeling better. Why? Did she think he was going to die and take her with him or something? Lucius never expected her concern for him or that her concern was genuine. She was just a slave and he her master. But she sounded genuine and then she began looking for the cup and gave it back to him with watered wine in it. He smelled it, again unsure if he should taste, but he ought to. He did feel thirsty. 

He sipped it carefully and then Ione spoke up again. She said she'd enjoyed looking after him. Lucius looked at her, again surprised at her odd concern and care for him. It did sound genuine. But how could he trust that from a whore? She was supposed to be pleasing. She was supposed to please him.

"Have you?" Lucius asked, sipping some more wine since his stomach hadn't seemed upset with the first bit... then he looked at her again, "Why?" 

@Sara

• Like 1

He was sipping it and...not immediately retching or running to the latrine. That was good. Very good. And she allowed herself to smile. But for now his question stilled her. She had been so bold - at least to herself - to even tell him she enjoyed this work (or enjoyed it more than the work she usually did). She bit her lip and cleared her throat, trying to summon her words into order. 

"I...like looking after people." she offered with a little shrug of her shoulders, "And taking care of a house and...working in one. I looked after my house, back before..." She was in chains, "And...when I first was a slave I was a house slave in the house of a merchant." She sighed lightly at the memory. "I...I am not complaining about my current work, I'm not, I...I just enjoyed this so...thank you. For not making me leave, domine." 

• Like 1

It was odd with her sitting there, smiling, being glad, telling him she'd enjoyed looking after him. That was certainly not something he had expected. What had it been, two nights? Two nights away from the brothel. For both of them. Perhaps he should have let her go back, but the others would ask questions and he preferred that this did not get out. When you were an Equite trying to run a brothel, that had been in the family before, you could not afford being seen as weak. He'd have to come up with some other excuse for not coming. And Ione too. 

Who was enjoying taking care of him. He asked her why, because he simply could not grasp it. And she said she liked looking after people and taking care of a house. She'd done so before. But she was not complaining, although she was thanking him for letting her stay with him.

Lucius was surprised. At her long explanation and how genuine it all seemed. It was very unexpected.

"Well... I am glad you are not complaining. And that you have enjoyed it. More than me, I'm sure." He said with a little amused huff, it certainly had not been amusing to be sick. He had not enjoyed that... but she had probably enjoyed not being at the brothel. And she had been a good nurse to him, taking good care of him. He supposed he ought to reward her somehow, but how? "You have been good to me. But many clients are fond of you. If I remove you from the brothel... I could lose profit." 

@Sara

• Like 1

She matched his amused huff with a small smile of her own, nodding. She knew he had been in pain, unwell and hated it but Ione had seen worse. Had endured worse herself - particularly those first few months in the brothel when Titus' cruelty knew no bounds and her stomach had practically devoured itself out of hunger. 

But his words made her glance up, lips parting a little in surprise. She hadn't said the words out of any attempt to manipulate him, or change her situation. Not consciously anyway - Ione didn't have that sort of guile. But she felt her heart flutter that he was even vaguely considering it. She blinked at him and swallowed a lump in her throat, her voice hoarse. "I...I would not ask you to remove me...I mean..." She grimaced, trying to find the words. "I...I would prefer it but I know it's not my...right to...ask, domine." She was young. So young. She had decades left to spread her legs if she lasted that long. "But maybe one day...I would like to go back into service in a house..." Again, if she lasted that long. She didn't dare dream of freedom. 

• Like 1

He noted her smile at his own amused huff and he supposed it was amusing, that she'd enjoyed taking care of her master and he'd been sick and not enjoyed it for once. But he said nothing. Instead considered how he should reward her without losing profit, although he might already have done that, with being away from the brothel for so long. Losing profit, that is. He did recall her saying something about Marius and he didn't like so much what he heard from her. How had he been running things these days? 

Ione said she wouldn't ask to be removed from the brothel, although she'd prefer it. And one day she'd like to serve in a house.

"If the clients weren't so fond of you, I might let you serve here. But as long as they are... I don't see how it's good business to let you leave." They liked her submissiveness, the fact that she still seemed somewhat pure and innocent, despite that she'd been at the brothel for months now. And they liked her youth too. Well she'd not have that forever. And if she grew into a more experienced whore, there were clients who preferred that too. He really didn't see anything but bad business if he took her out of it. Unless she could find a replacement that would be just like her. And she most likely could not.

It also wouldn't be good business to let her have more time off, and she was already in one of the better rooms, so... he'd have to search his mind for another kind of reward.

"Will you fetch me something fresh to eat?" He then asked. He knew it was late, still dark, but he felt he could eat something. Just a little bit.

• Like 1

She felt her chest sink at his words but strove not to show it on her face. She knew full well that would be what he'd say, and she hadn't spoken up with any sort of agenda, she didn't have that's sort of guile. She'd long given up any pretence of hope. She was suited to that - mindlessly drifting through an existence - to hope was naive, even if she'd rather not spread her legs for her work, it was silly to think at her age she'd be good for anything else to Armenius. "Yes domine, I understand." She said, her voice carefully neutral and smoothed a few strands of hair back behind her ear. 

And then he asked her for food and she nodded, a smile floating back onto her lips and any shadows dissipating. She pushed herself up from the floor, backing away; "Of course, domine, I will be right back." She hurried out to the kitchens. Most of the slaves kept to themselves and so, hands planted on her hips, she surveyed what she could get for him. in the end she settled on a clay plate with some thick slices of bread, a little dish of olive oil, some meats and some cheeses. Plain food and if nothing else, he could eat the bread. She moved back to the room, holding the platter out to him as she moved  to kneel again in front of him. 

"Would...you like me to stay again tonight domine? Or return to the brothel?" 

• Like 1