A woman in breeches

Atrice

"Oh, you... beautiful amazon are quite the tease!" He exclaimed with a grin and pointed at her. Lucius enjoyed the banter. There were many circumstances when he would not permit these sorts of things to happen, class was important to be maintained. Yet... what fun he was having! Wine always made any situation better. Lucius' fingertips tapped on the wooden table in thought about who she could be. There was the former slave's daughter, Claudia Caesaris, but there were also the lower classes of the family who had their own slaves, too. 

"Oh.. ohh…. now that is not fair," Lucius grinned, pointed to his body slave and said. "See, this is why we don't permit women to have power because they will use it cruelly against you." And turned his attention back to Cynane, shrugged and figured that it could not hurt. He held up his hand. "Now! I will tell you if you swear on the life of your Domina that you will tell me in turn who she is," He insisted, then waited to see whether or not she would agree with his terms or not. 

Now... how well would he know her owner? 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alright, so maybe he was a little charming, when he called her a tease with that grin. Oh and he even complimented her. The Amazons were famous and being called an amazon was something Cynane thought of as a good thing. She couldn’t help but smile at him, but then she had also given him a challenge. If he would tell her his full name, she might give away the name of her Domina. He said it wasn’t fair and spoke of why women shouldn’t have power. They would use it cruelly against the men? Really? As if the men weren’t misusing their power over women constantly and sometimes in the most vile ways. She could not say she agreed with that comment.

“I think you have a thing or two to learn about women, Lucius.” Cynane pointed out to him, but then he gave up and said he would tell her his name if she would swear… on the life of her Domina. Gods he was taking this a little far, wasn’t he?

“I will swear on my own life to tell you, but you need to be the first to speak truth. So tell me… who are you?” She didn’t know what she needed the information for, but it seemed fair to her and she did for some reason wish to know his name. She should be going home soon, but figured she could stay just a little while longer.

@Brian

• Like 1

Lucius scoffed at that. He had plenty of success with women! Most of them were not Amazonian types but he could not help himself. There was something fascinating about her. It could not truly hurt to actually tell her, could it? He tapped his fingertips in thought again, sighed to himself and made a 'hmmm' sound. 

"Very well, Cynane," He said, took a mouthful of wine before he placed the cup back down, "I am Lucius Caecilius Metellus," He answered, and not without a hint of pride. His name was old although the wealth and prestige the family had declined over the years. Yet his son, he had such high hopes for him and his abilities to rise up through the ranks to elevate their family position once more. 

Yet now was not the time for those thoughts. 

"Now! Tell me. Who is your Domina?" 

@Atrice

He didn’t seem to like hearing that he had more to learn about women, but almost all men did. At least most men that Cynane had met in Rome, thought they knew women, but they knew so little. In the long run though, it didn’t matter much. They wouldn’t learn anyway and despite it all, she couldn’t help but find Lucius here a little fascinating. And he was certainly handsome. Such a pity he was also a selfish Roman senator – or at least she assumed that’s what he was.

Lucius finally decided to give up his full name and she couldn’t help but smile a little, satisfied with her victory over him. Lucius Caecilius Metellus. She’d definitely heard that name before. Senator. Wealthy. She was right in her assumptions then.

“Thank you… I am glad to finally know your name.” She said, and then of course, he wanted his part of the deal.

Cynane leaned a little closer to him, didn’t want his slaves to listen in, because this was definitely confidential information! “My domina is Claudia Caesaris. And I really do think I should get back to her.” Not that she didn’t trust Decimus to also watch over her mistress, but she’d feel better if she was there. She had her fun, or whatever this was, tonight. Now she ought to get back. If Lucius would permit her to leave.

@Brian

• Like 1

There were plenty of times when he was perfectly happy to be bested by a woman. Yet this was a 

Oh... well... now that was certainly unexpected. 

Through the marriage of his daughter he was connected to the Imperial family and thus, knew who Claudia Caesaris was. What was interesting in particular was why did a Roman princess have a breeches wearing Amazon in her service? What's more.... how did she could to be in her service? The answer only brought more questions than answers! He grinned, shook his head and poured them both some more wine in an invitation. Lucius did not expect her to take it. He mainly desired to tease and get a reaction out of her. 

"Claudia Caesaris! That explains a lot..... now... how Cynane the Amazonian end up in the service of a Roman princess?" Lucius inquired eagerly, clearly wished to know everything that was taking place and winked at her. It was later in the evening, and soon he too would need to go home in order to rest from the strain of the day. 

Still..... he was completely and utterly intrigued. 

"Or perhaps we could have another meeting? I promise, I'll bring the stew!" He exclaimed. Not that he particularly enjoyed eating the food of the lower classes. Still.... he wanted to have something to offer regardless. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Gods, did he have to almost shout out Claudia's name, when Cynane made such an effort to not let it be widely known whom her mistress was? Lucius here really needed to learn manners. It could be fun to seek him out for Saturnalia, she thought, when roles were reversed. Gods she'd love to see him act like a slave! He'd grinned, poured them wine and then exclaimed said name while he wondered how Cynane came to work for the princess, "Ask her uncles." She said, because honestly, she was still not quite sure why she had been selected for the task, but it had been a good choice and she was happy with it.  

She didn't pick up the cup of wine he poured for her, because she was getting anxious to get back to Claudia. Then Lucius suddenly suggested another meeting, with stew. Cynane looked at him and then wanted to kick herself for actually considering his offer. But he was fascinating and he was charming in his own, almost boyish way, although he was definitely a grown and handsome man. Really? Would she do it? Those words went through her head many times within a few moments, before she finally answered him.

"I think with your name and rank you can serve something better than a stew." She then finally said with a small smile, "I'll accept your invitation if my mistress agrees." How odd wasn't it for a Senator to ask a slave to meet with him again and he was even inviting her for a meal. What was she getting into? With a Roman man?

"If that is all, I'll be on my way. Lucius." Cynane said and stood once more, fully expecting that if he decided to carry out his idea, he would send a message her way. She was a slave and she couldn't even read or write. 

@Brian

• Like 1

He didn't want this conversation to end. 

Ask her uncles? Sure, he knew them quite well. However, he did not particularly want to ask them about a gladiatrix slave in the service of a Roman princess. Still.... it raised many questions that he was only too happy to ask. Lucius noticed she didn't immediately say no. He shrugged a little, listened and supposed that he could realistically afford something better. 

"Oh, please ask her and perhaps there is a chance that I will see you again," He answered, and wondered how he could run into her around Rome. Lucius lifted his cup and gave her a toast. This time he did not block her path and try to stop her. Lucius had already cooked up a plan in order to get the pair of them to meet once more. Cynane could not write.... but... her Domina certainly could. 

"Farewell, beautiful Amazon...… I will see you again." 

-finished-

@Atrice

• Like 1