Minor wrinkle (Attis)

Chevi

"If you think I know the first thing about finding a suitable patrician woman to marry the dominus, you really don't know me very well," Attis said, trying to hold still for Metella's ministrations - that stung, somewhat, but he was a grown man and could take it!

He flinched as she found a particularly raw spot near his elbow.

"I know Sulpicius Rufus gave him a list, back before he fell for, uh, the Carthaginian girl," he said, trying not to flinch again. "I don't know who was on it, and I don't know very many unmarried patrician ladies at all - and even fewer who'd put up with the dominus. Though he's definitely thinking about it himself, too."

@Chevi

• Haha 1

"How do you expect me to be any better than him at finding him a wife? I can't even persuade you to marry me, how in Juno's name do you expect me to persuade some patrician lady that she wants to marry the master?" As objections went, it was quite reasonable,  in Attis' opinion.

Anyway,  only look what had happened the last time Longinus had arranged to marry someone, and Attis had been the one to encourage him in that courtship,  too. He had a bad track record when it came to romantic relationships; Longinus was probably better off asking Metella or Vitus.

If another attempt fell through, Attis would bet that either of them would appreciate the next tour of Greece or wherever Longinus would head to get away.

@Chevi