Knight's Plotter

Knight

Owyn of the Brigantes

original.gif

Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions.

Owyn is an enslaved warrior-noble of the Brigantes, sponsored as a Gladiator by Senator Aulus Calpurnius Praetextus. Bred and trained from an early age to fight, and once a respected warleader, you really think he wouldn't have been broken quite so quickly. Yet, after a good few years, he's more or less given up. He kills people in the arena, runs endlessly around the exercise yard, and even responds to a Roman name 'Marius'. He's coarse, aggressive, endlessly sarcastic, and completely obedient to his masters. After all, why not?

Plots! Gladiators, I'd love a decent rivalry with someone. One where they both keep beating each other, and are kept alive to keep it going. Owyn is a dirty, honourless fighter, and one of the finest of his generation.
Friends! Fuck you! I mean, these won't be as common. Owyn is, at best, gruff and unfriendly with fellow slaves. Why make friends when you're halfway to the afterlife? Still, those who can bear with his extremely prickly exterior may well find a bit more to him. Any Britons may well fall into this. I'd greatly enjoy a medically minded compatriot who calls him out on his shit.
Enemies! Also, fuck you! But these will be thick and varied. Romans might hate him for a complete lack of personality and the mere fact he's a big, vicious, barbarian. Other slaves might well despise him for essentially telling them to fuck off.
Romance! Fuck off! I mean, this will be slightly more difficult. He's a big hunk of man, but he doesn't pay for sex, and he's not really a charmer. You'd have to be determined as all hell to get there, and his heart has been broken before.

His masters are his masters, and I imagine to the Patrician class, he comes off as just some quiet, obedient beast who can kill most folk rather quickly. As it stands, 'Marius' has 3 good years of never disobeying, and is reasonably fluent in Latin.

Have at him!

• Haha 1

Soooo, many options!

I have Lucius Cassius Longinus who initially captured him (sorry!) - a good friend of Aulus, but actually a decent enough bloke for a Patrician. He probably checks in from time to time on Owyn, so could be some plots there. 

Horatia Justina is Aulus' wife, so his domina. She has no love for the arena or the games, but is likely to show her face because...that's what she should do! I was actually thinking of a plot with @Atrice about Horatia going to the ludus to sponsor a gladiator in her own right, so whilst she's there she could always check-in on Owyn? 

Other than those two I have two slaves; Charis and Zia. Charis is British (from the Parisii tribe) and a sweetie which a shitty, complicated master and Zia who is a nasty weed-dealing Dacian. I also have Vibia, an upperclass sex worker, Sosia who is a slave disguised as an equine, and Lucius Sempronius Atratinus who is just...a bit of a shit.

Let me know if any of them jump out at you! <3 

@Knight

• Like 1

I'm afeared the dear 'Marius' hates Longinus quite a bit, but he's too broken to hide it. Any 'checking up' would be like some dumb beast nodding.

I believe there is an idea to make Owyn the bodyguard to Horatia Justina, which I'm entirely open to. He'd be brutally effective at it, as he's actually kinda smart at times, and would genuinely be almost chivalrous in how he treated her. Perfectly polite, and entranced by her a bit, but savagely protective.

Charis would strike Owyn for her appearance, but he's a bastard, so any interaction would likely scare her off. He's about as charming as a razor, too. Zia would probably end up killing him, and Vibia and him might pass on the street, but Marius isn't exactly able to pay.
Any of this sound good?

@Sara

• Like 1

They all sound great! 

V happy to do a thread with Horatia - but I suppose up to you if you want Owyn to be out of the ludus this soon?

Charis is my go-to muse, and she's not easily frightened, don't worry! Happy to start off with them, if Horatia doesn't grab you? 

@Knight

• Like 1

Hey hey! I play two characters currently.

First is Eppitacos, who would certainly be familiar with Owyn considering their shared history. He was also a gladiator for most of the 10+ years he's been in Rome. Part of a plot I had for him was that after Ysulda fled to Rome, she married Albinus - the lanista in charge of Epp. She wouldn't have Epp earn his freedom, so she set up an attack on him that resulted in him being wounded so bad that he had his sword arm amputated. After all of that, instead of being freed, he was sold by Caesar to a Vestal - Calpurnia (sister-in-law to Sara's Horatia) - and later freed by her. So! He's now a freedman apprenticed as a blacksmith. I'd love to see what seeing Owyn would do to him. He's struggled with the "Roman vs Briton" dichotomy.

Second is Lucius Junius Silanus, another character tied to Britannia. He's the nephew/adopted son of Decimus Junius SIlanus - the original governor who sort of kicked off the second phase of the invasion. Lucius served under Sara's Longinus and was known for his brutality against Britons. He's currently in the east, ironically commanding an auxlia of Britons who've joined Rome ha. So I'm not sure they could meet in the present, but perhaps back in time. Just wanted to put the idea out there!

Let me know your thoughts!

@Knight