Winter walk

Chevi

"I don't know why you kissed me." She hissed, glaring daggers at him. She was trying to keep her voice down, and trying to affect the regal, poised young woman she usually was. When not in pain - both physically and mentally. "It doesn't matter though, does it? It's not Saturnalia anymore." 

She flexed her fingers at her side and met his eyes with a glare of her own that could rival Medusa's. "And it's not going to be for another year. I..." She coughed as a couple walked past, arm in arm and laughing and waited until their giggles drifted down the portico before resuming her venom, "I appreciate what you've done for me. Looking for him," her voice wobbled at that. In the comfort of his embrace, the easy barbs and her anger she could have almost forgotten about it. Almost, "And...everything. But you don't need to worry, I'm not asking for anything more than your services a vigile." 

TAG: @Chevi

• Sad 1

"I don't know why you kissed me."

Well, me neither.

History was repeating itself.

"It doesn't matter though, does it? It's not Saturnalia anymore." 

Lucius winced as she threw his words back at him. She was angry. Hurt, and angry, and he did not know how to help with any of that.

"Ovinia..."

"And it's not going to be for another year. I... I appreciate what you've done for me. Looking for him... And...everything. But you don't need to worry, I'm not asking for anything more than your services a vigile." 

That hurt. It hurt like a punch to the gut (which he had recently gotten familiar with). It probably showed in the look on his face. She had hugged him just minutes before, and the way she had done that did not fit with her words now. Maybe she had made up her mind. What they had done... it was doomed from the start. And foolish. Maybe this was her, getting in line with reality.

You damn fool.

"As you wish." he said quietly. He was not going to push anything on her she did not want. "I'll make sure we get him. Make sure you're safe..." It was his job, but they both knew that was not what he meant. "But just so you know, and it probably doesn't matter now... Saturnalia or not, I'd do it again." The gods knew he'd imagined it often enough.

@Sara

• Sad 1

He didn't even fight it. Of course. It still hit her like a weight of bricks on her back and she inhaled a breath, feeling her anger turn cold, turn to upset. She hated it - she hated the feeling of being helpless, of being weak and she straightened her back, pulling her shoulders back and taking a slower, deeper breath to gather her resolve. His last words hurt more. She didn't see the reality of what he was saying though; she couldn't.

"You don't have to try and make me feel better." Her voice was perfectly, chillingly neutral. She wanted to feel the warmth of his hug again and hated that she did. "I'm not a child, I don't need placating." She did, but it hurt more now. She didn't believe him. He was doing this to make her feel better, and out of some misguided duty to make her happy. He could even be teasing her, as he had done at Neptunalia, as he had done here all those months ago... "Go." She choked. 

TAG: @Chevi

• Sad 1

The need to hold her and comfort her was back with a vengeance... but this time, he had caused the pain, and therefore he could not to the comforting. He had messed something up, again, and he was not even sure how. Ovinia's words were cold now, and so was the look on her face, but she was still hurting, and he felt goddamn helpless.

He stood, biting his lips. Dammit all.

"I'll come back when we have more news. In the meantime, you know where to find me. Take care, Ovinia."

The day had just gotten a lot colder, and more grey.

• Sad 1