A Private Celebration

Sara

She grinned. "Maybe I should have a little statuette commissioned of your likeness so I could keep it at home with me and I could ogle you all day." That was...not a half bad idea actually. But she'd have to convince Lucius to sit for a sculptor, first, and then hide it from her family members who had seen him. 

But she deserved to give him more than that. More than the fact she found him attractive because that was obvious - both in her reaction to his affection, and in her general starry eyed demeanour. She watched him closely. "I love you because you are attractive, obviously but you're a good person and you...have changed me. Or...no, not changed me...you've revealed things in me that I didn't know I had. I...thought I knew what I wanted and it wasn't until I met you that I realised I wasn't doing anything for myself. You have such a big heart...a good heart and...you gave it all to me and made me realise I deserve love and affection and...what I want." 

TAG: @Chevi

• Sad 1

"Maybe I should have a little statuette commissioned of your likeness so I could keep it at home with me and I could ogle you all day." 

"Oh yeah I'm sure your father would love that." he grinned. Or her future husband. That went without saying.

"I love you because you are attractive, obviously but you're a good person and you...have changed me. Or...no, not changed me...you've revealed things in me that I didn't know I had. I...thought I knew what I wanted and it wasn't until I met you that I realised I wasn't doing anything for myself. You have such a big heart...a good heart and...you gave it all to me and made me realise I deserve love and affection and...what I want." 

Lucius watched her, and felt a tightness in his throat. That was... the most honest she'd ever been with him. And also the kindest words she'd ever said. He watched her for long moments, feeling overwhelmed.

@Sara

• Sad 1

She watched him, her dark eyes following his. He was just watching her, not saying anything. She wondered if she misstepped but decided she hadn't. She had figured it out herself a few months ago but she supposed she'd never told him. It had seemed like the perfect time for it. 

She moved her arm, and then reached her fingers to stroke his cheek softly. "Are you alright?" 

• Like 1

Lucius realized he'd been silent once he saw the question in her eyes. He reached up to cover her hand with his, and nodded. "Yeah. I'm alright, love." He pressed a kiss to her knuckles. "It's just... thank you. For saying that." He wasn't even sure what he'd expected her to say... but these words were everything. "I love you. And I want to make you feel like that. All the time. Always."

@Sara

• Sad 1

He cradled her hand tenderly and she smiled softly at him, letting out a gentle sigh and brought his hand down to kiss his knuckles as he had to hers. "You shouldn't be the one saying thank you." She chuckled with a shake of her head. 

"You've given me everything," everything besides a ring"Love and laughter and the courage to do what I want, and show me I can do more and be more...whilst at the same time giving everything to the city as well." She shook her head. "I hated it at first...that's why I hated you...because it infuriated me that you could feel so free, be so free and I...couldn't. I didn't realise that was why I resented you." She chuckled with a shake of her head, "But now I see I can be free...in a different way. But I can." 

• Sad 1

Lucius smiled, shifting so he could lie down next to her again, folding her into his arms. It felt like their time was running out, but he was not letting go just yet.

"That's something you can keep, then" he murmured, holding her close. Even if she couldn't have him, not the way they both wanted. Freedom did not extend that far. "And it makes me happy I gave you that. And you. Ovinia Camilla, you are cute, and you make me happy."

@Sara

• Like 1