Vigilantes [M]

Chevi

"You see," She said, grinning up at him, "I think this is exactly the way you planned for this evening to go." They started to move with the music and she felt herself grow lighter. She adjusted her hand on his back. The gloves weren't as off-putting as she assumed they would be.

"Unfortunately for you," She smirked as they moved, "I'm not that easy." At least not after just one daiquiri. 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

Lucius leaned closer so she could hear him over the music.

"Don't flatter yourself."

She was a pretty good dancer though. That was obvious almost immediately as they started dancing. She moved with ease and grace, and she was right, the dress was definitely made for this. Lucius on his part truly enjoyed dancing, and he'd had enough practice to keep up with her. He spun her (happy neither of them were drunk yet) and kept up with the upbeat rhythm of the music, grinning as she began to dance with more ease.

@Sara

• Like 1

Those three words shouldn't have had the effect on her that they did. She chose to ignore the way that she smiled and would blame it on the drink if he asked. 

Instead, she found herself sinking into the music, allowing herself to be spun and coming back with a breathless grin. "Here." She offered and moved her hand from his back to his own hand, trying to move it properly into the curve of her waist. She leant up on her toes to speak closer to his ear as they moved; "You've got good instincts but technique could use some work." 

But soon enough the song was over and they moved into a slightly more frenetic song. She grinned and moved her arm from his back to up around his neck, studying his face intently as they moved. "Where did you learn to dance like this?" 

• Like 1

She adjusted his hand and he followed her lead as they moved. She was definitely the better dancer.

"You've got good instincts but technique could use some work.

Lucius rolled his eyes but didn't stop moving; his hand against her waist followed her movements. Lucius might have lacked technique, but he had momentum, and balance. Training probably helped too. Or the other way around. Either way, he kept up, and smiled as her body moved closer to his.

"Where did you learn to dance like this?" 

"After school" he smirked, spinning her and pulling her back in. "It was either this or ballroom. Told my parents it was ballroom."

@Sara

• Haha 1

That was the first nugget of information she'd had about his childhood or his family and she latched onto it with glee, moving to drape both arms around his neck as her hips moved to the music. The silk was definitely an excellent choice, it was kismet. 

"And here I thought you grew up in some orphanage...you never mention your folks." She narrowed her eyes and then moved herself into a spin before gliding back in, laughing as she accidentally bumped into a couple next door. "What kind of poor orphan has ballroom lessons?" 

She spun herself and when she was pulled back in, her back was to him but her body was close enough. She took the opportunity to move her hips ever so slightly against the music, a grin on her face.

• Like 1

Lucius knew he'd opened a door with that information; he just hoped the music would distract Camilla from it. It didn't. Actually, it was him getting a bit distracted now. The girl really knew how to dance.

"I'm not an orphan." he chuckled, turning with her as they danced. "Never said I was poor, either."

She spun and turned, brushing slightly against him as she moved her hips. Damn the dress. Lucius' hands rested on her hips, moving along with her rhythm, and then brushed along her sides as they traveled up, lifting her arms. There was definitely more fire in this dance now.

@Sara

• Like 1

She turned her neck to look back over her shoulder at him, eyes alert. Even at the motion of his hands. Damn his hands. "You're rich?" The most Camilla question in existence but she'd blurted it out before she could stop herself. Fortunately as his hands lifted up her arms she was suitably distracted.

She turned to face him and wound them closer around his shoulders. She was ticklish and didn't want a dirty dancing moment. Probably to any observer they looked like a couple in the heat of some fiery romance. Camilla, for a moment, wasn't convinced that they weren't. She smirked at him. "What was that?" She said and leant in so her cheek was against his, "I shouldn't flatter myself?" She pulled back a hairs breadth as her body moved to the music, a smug grin on her lips.

• Like 1

"You're rich?" 

Lucius snorted at the question that was so essentially Camilla. "Sorry to disappoint, I'm not. My family is." It was a long story, not suitable to be told while dancing like this. Camilla turned in his arms and leaned in as they moved together.

"What was that? I shouldn't flatter myself?" 

"You really were not kidding about the dress" he grinned, one hand finding her back again before he dipped her and pulled her back.

@Sara

• Like 1

She grinned, smug in part but another side of her was genuinely happy he noticed. The effort of her appearance she'd gone to that evening had not been insubstantial. She allowed herself to be dipped, hair almost touching the floor before being pulled back up into his arms. 

"Is this a standard Lucius date?" she quirked her eyebrow as they moved, her arms loosely slung around his neck, "Greasy pizza and dancing?" She didn't add that it was the most fun she'd had in months. Usually her dates were formal restaurants, vaguely dull small-talk and average sex. 

• Like 1

Lucius admired the way her body moved when he dipped her. They continued dancing, close enough to hear each other, although he was increasingly distracted by moving together with her, hands brushing her sides and her back, and holding her hand when he spun her. She seemed pleased. Probably with her superior dancing skills.

"Oh, so this is a date now? I thought you were babysitting me" he grinned, spinning her, and catching her with her back to him, their arms crossed over her body. He leaned closer to her ear as they moved to the music. "Admit it, you liked the pizza."

@Sara

• Haha 1

She groaned. That was an easy one which she shouldn't have given him. "Well, I'm not babysitting you," She explained breathlessly, slightly louder as she was spun away, "You're being a bad influence and getting me drunk. Is that not a date?" Granted she'd only had the daiquiri but she could do with another.

She didn't want to stop the dancing though, revelling in the music and the feel of his hands, even though they were gloved. As he span her back and leant down to her ear her body gave an involuntary shudder and her fingers flexed against his wrists where he held her close. She thought he might be about to say something sexy. Evidently not. She laughed, tossing her head back against his chest and grinned. "Fine. You won. It was good." 

She nimbly ducked out from under his arms, and came back up after a twist so she was facing him, close enough she could feel his breath on the end of her nose. "What else do you to impress ladies on your dates?" 

• Like 1

And just like that, Lucius was on a date. With Camilla fucking Birch. And somehow he didn't mind it much, although she was still her very annoying self. She admitted to liking the pizza, though. He spun her again and this time she came back facing him. They were a breath away. Lucius dipped her again, one hand finding her thigh as he did.

"Well... I tell them that they look incredibly hot when they are dancing." He grinned, lifting her back up. "Why, what do you do to impress your dates?"

• Like 1

"And if your date already knows she looks incredibly hot when she's dancing?" she grinned as he pulled her back up, missing the feeling of his hand on her thigh. To compensate, she hitched it around his hip and allowed herself to be dragged for a step before she moved it back down and spun away from him.

When she drew back to him, her back to him and arms criss-crossed over her body she smirked. "I get them to buy me lots of drinks and make polite conversation about music or art or politics, with a flash of cleavage. Usually leaves them impressed." She smirked and twisted under his arms to come up facing him. "Is it working?" 

• Like 1

The dance was definitely heating up. She hitched her leg up for a moment to his hip, and it was definitely a feeling he could get used to. Damn. She turned again and he crossed his arms over her body as she talked about her dates. Polite conversation, free drinks, and cleavage. Lucius shifted so he could look down over her shoulder. Definitely cleavage.

"I don't know. What's the end game?" He asked with a grin.

• Like 1

She smirked at the question. He knew just as well as she did what this was building to. Clearly he was either shy or trying to goad her. Fortunately for Camilla, she'd left her shame at the door of the club. 

"Fun." She smirked as she leant into his ear to speak in a low voice, fingers moving to stroke his back through his shirt. "It doesn't have to be serious." 

• Like 1

About an hour and a half later Lucius and Camilla were back at the Academy. It was late enough that no one saw them come in, other than the receptionist who game them a stern look. They had a few cocktails, but that was not the reason why blood was drumming in Lucius' ears. 

They made it to Camilla's room walking side by side. Once they were through the door, however, Lucius pulled her close, hands on her hips. Fun, she had said. He was all for that. "You should take off this dress before I ruin it."

• Like 1

Fun. Fun was what she needed and Lucius Roscoe, despite the barbs and the irritating arrogance, was fun. She was also convinced he wouldn't want anything besides a night or two which suited her fine. She was convinced he'd drive her mad if it was more than that. 

As soon as they made it back to her rooms, she grinned flicked on a lamp before backing up against the door, twisting her body deeper into his touch. "Is that a threat?" She smirked but eyes still on his, she reached behind herself to pull at the hidden zipper down to the base of her spine. Then, wordlessly, she shrugged off the shoulder straps and the dress slipped down to pool at her heeled feet. Camilla Birch, of course, didn't do things by halves and her lingerie was as well co-ordinated as her outfit. 

Wordlessly she looped her arms around his neck and drew him in for a deep kiss.

• Like 1

Lucius returned the kiss, lifting Camilla off her feet and carrying her to bed. Damn, her bed was so much better than his. It had enough space for all they wanted to do together. Lucius hated having the gloves on, but he had to keep them on unless he wanted to set the whole place on fire. What he lost in sensation, he made up for with his lips, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, Camilla could make some sounds, and they were definitely better on this side of the floor.

It was fun. And much needed. When they finally exhausted themselves, Lucius lay catching his breath in the bed that was all tangled and smelled like Camilla. Damn. How did he even end up here? Not that he was complaining. The girl really was not as straight-laced as she liked to appear.

@Sara

• Like 1

Camilla was catching her breath, eyes shut and hand over her heart which was hammering a frenetic rhythm under her fingertips. That was fun. Immensely fun. And exactly what she needed. She cracked an eye and turned her face a fraction to peer at him. Lucius. In her bed. She blinked. How had that happened? She hadn't been drunk, just pleasantly tipsy but it seemed like the perfect culmination of all the flirting and barbs and the few late night conversations they'd enjoyed courtesy of her balcony. She smirked at him. 

When she did speak, her voice was hoarse; "I was wondering how it worked with the gloves on," She shifted to her side, dragging up a tangled sheet to cover herself and propping her jaw in her palm as she peered down at him. "Safe to say they don't inhibit you too much." Which was about the sum of the compliments he was going to get, even if he had earned them. "That dress really is a knockout, huh?" 

• Haha 1

It took Lucius a moment to catch his breath. Apparently, Camilla felt the same. He smiled, closing his eyes as she rolled over to peer at him, and tugged some of the sheet over from her. Camilla Birch. What do you know. Sure, all that banter had to end somewhere... not to mention the dancing.

He smiled with his eyes closed as she noted that the gloves did not inhibit him too much. That was as close to a compliment as he was going to get. That, and the reactions he got from her earlier. That was compliment enough.

"You are a knockout" he admitted, opening his eyes to look up at her and grin. "And now I know what all the noises were about."

@Sara

• Like 1

She watched his lazy smile, eyes still shut and one was mirrored on her own face. She didn't know what time it was, God only knew, but she was content to just lie here for now. Fingers on her spare hand moved up to brush hair away from his forehead. He looked almost sweet, which was very uncharacteristic. 

"What's that? A compliment? From Lucius Roscoe?" She feigned fainting with a hand to her brow and led on her back, grinning and chuckling. "This was fun." She agreed as she fluttered her eyes shut again, relishing the softness of her pillows, the way her skin was slowly cooling down, and she was finally catching her breath. "We should do it again some time." She added in, casually.

• Like 1

"What's that? A compliment? From Lucius Roscoe?" 

"You started it" he grinned, closing his eyes again. Banter or not, he was feeling at ease. So was Camilla, apparently, because she was not kicking him out of her bed yet.

"This was fun. We should do it again some time."

"Give me ten minutes at least, woman" he grinned, bracing himself for a pillow that was no doubt coming his way without opening his eyes.

• Haha 1

Lucius was a mindreader because a pillow did land squarely on his face after she pulled it out from underneath her arm and thwacked him with it. No malice in it this time though, just an easy grin and a chuckle. "I'm not a patient woman." She jested as she was fully wrung out. They certainly hadn't done things by half.

Embarrassment did creep over her though, flushing her cheeks and she mumbled, prodding him in his chest with a forefinger. "I meant it. But, not like...not like a dating thing." Play it cool"I'm down just to be a door you knock on...or a text you send at 2am. And I'll do likewise." She smirked and peered down at him. "Not friends with benefits, because we're not friends but..." She shrugged, "You know what I mean." 

• Like 1

Camilla did indeed hit him with a pillow. Lucius laughed, tossing it back at her. She was fun when she was not playing the uptight rich girl. And apparently she did not want this to be a one-time thing either.

Lucius rolled over, pulling her closer and rolling her under to look down at her.

"I believe the term you are looking for is booty call." he grinned, leaning down to kiss her. "Although I'm a little miffed. How do I get out of the sex zone and into the friend zone?"

@Sara

• Haha 1

She grinned, giggling as he rolled on top of her. She sunk into the kiss though for a moment before pulling back. Always leave them wanting more

"You don't want to be in the sex zone?" She quirked a brow with a smirk and moved her arms up to loop around his neck, fingers playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. "And I don't know, maybe be nice to me? Take an interest in me?" She gave him a challenging look, feeling worry seed in her stomach. "And is that a no, you don't want me to be your booty call?" 

• Like 1