Attis

CyGCeQ.png

"Yes, Domine," Attis replied, being directly addressed. He couldn't help the quick glance towards where the mistress - the master's mother - was sitting. She didn't have a direct line of sight to Longinus and his young guest, but was within earshot if anything were to happen (and Attis knew his master very well after so long as his body slave; nothing untoward would happen, but he doubted Horatia Sosia knew that).

The deep joyful barking that greeted him when he entered the room where Rugam had been secured would surely be audible from where his master was, and he took hold of the sturdy rope leash, even though he wasn't entirely sure of his ability to hold the dog back if he wanted to say hello to the young lady. Still, he was better behaved than he had been, and knew some tricks now. His head was on a level with Attis' belt and if he didn't want to behave...

"He's friendly," he said, reassuringly as he re-entered the room where Longinus and his guest were. "He's just very big. I promise he doesn't bite or anything."

@Atrice @Sara

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horatia Sosia

sHas5Y.jpeg

He really thought she was beautiful. And she thought he was handsome, but that wasn't something you just told a man. Certainly not one you just met. But wouldn't her father be happy when he heard, that Lucius thought she was beautiful? That was a good start. This whole meeting was. And he didn't think her simple, instead he began talking about a dog a friend had given him. Rugam did he call it? Oh she wanted to meet this dog now! And he sent his slave to fetch the dog. She smiled, she loved animals! Especially dogs. But kittens too. Any, really, as long as they were soft and sweet.

While they waited, he asked what she liked most in Rome, "I liked the... Porticus Liviae? It is a beautiful garden. Green and yet... filled with so many interesting things. And a temple in the middle." It was a very lovely place, she thought. She opened her mouth to ask for his favorite place in Rome, but his slave returned just then, with a giant of a creature that was the dog Lucius mentioned. Her eyes widened in surprise, but not in a bad way. Oh she could see what he meant when he described it! It was huge! And seemed so playful.

"Can I... can I meet him?" She asked with a grin, "He looks so sweet! Was the name Rugam? He's so different from my Eucleia, she's much smaller." Eucleia was mostly good at barking at unfriendly people, but this one right here, he'd bite their heads off. Probably all while being the sweetest dog around people he liked. So cute! She glanced at Lucius, who wasn't huge in the same way as the dog, but she kind of thought there was a resemblance. And it made sense. It really did.

@Sara @Sharpie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucius Cassius Longinus

output-onlinegiftools-4.gif

He smiled and nodded. "It's pretty, although I can't say I've visited in a while." He grimaced a little. "Truthfully I don't make a habit of seeing much of the city, I go for runs around it, the palaestra, the baths, temples but none of the sights..." His wince turned into a chuckle, "Perhaps we should endeavour to be tourists in our city and see what it has to offer." But any further notion or conversation was shut off by the heavy breathing of the dog...and Attis leading him in. 

He swiftly moved to stroke his wrinkled face, laughing at Sosia; "Of course. Rugam for the wrinkles, of course." It's face was full of them, smushed and folded. "He's just over a year old now and apparently still growing." At present he came up to Longinus' mid-thigh but he didn't doubt he'd get to waist height or taller as the years wore on. "Be a good boy..." He chuckled and extended a hand for Sosia to join him. "My friend has an odd sense of humour, sending him for my birthday." he explained, "But Attis has him well trained." 

TAG: @Atrice @Sharpie

• Like 2

Attis

CyGCeQ.png

Rugam was at least less excitable these days, thankfully, especially now that he was starting to rival a plough-ox in size. Attis led the dog over to where Longinus' guest was sitting - she didn't look as alarmed or nervous about meeting a dog the size of a plough-ox, which was a good thing. If anything, she looked interested, perhaps even a little excited.

"Rugam, sit," he said, and was gratified that the dog immediately plopped down onto his huge haunches.

"Shake hands." The dog lifted a paw the approximate size of a wagon-wheel (well, maybe smaller, maybe the size of a serving-platter!) to Sosia. It had taken quite a while to teach him that trick, and this was the first time Attis had been able to show it off properly.

@Atrice @Sara

• Like 1

Horatia Sosia

sHas5Y.jpeg

Lucius didn't make a habit out of seeing the city on his own, but she glanced when he spoke of being tourists in the city with her. He would do that? Oh it sounded like it would be so much fun! But before they could discuss that idea further, the slave entered with the huge dog and she was surprised by the sight. And interested. Excited even. She thought she'd never seen a dog like that before, and despite the wrinkles and the size, it looked like such a sweet dog. Lucius said that of course she could meet him, and explained more about the dog. Just over a year old? Still growing? She was in awe! 

He extended a hand towards her and she moved over towards it, chuckling when he spoke of the dog being a birthday present, "Or maybe he thought you needed a friend like this?" She suggested with a smile, not wanting to speak ill of his friend that she didn't know, and surely anyone should be happy about receiving such a sweet dog. Rugam was now ordered to sit and carried out the order. She crouched down to face it when the slave Attis told the dog to shake hands and she chuckled again when it held out its paw. She took it and shook it.

"What a good boy he is!" She said and let go, looking at its face. Then stood to join Lucius again, "I think you're lucky to have such a dog. Do you ever take him for walks? I walk a lot with Eucleia. You must meet her sometime. I'm sure she'd love you." 

@Sara @Sharpie

• Like 1

Lucius Cassius Longinus

output-onlinegiftools-4.gif

"Knowing Titus Sulpicius Rufus, he didn't send it out of the kindness of his heart." He chuckled and ducked his head, amused at the image of his friend trying to find the most outlandish birthday present he possibly could. He'd certainly succeeded, particularly as he watched Rugam 'shake' Sosia's hand. He smiled gently and nodded gratefully to Attis. Who knew his body slave had a knack for this sort of thing? 

He arched a brow at Sosia and shook his head. "Usually one of my slaves do...I don't think the gentlefolk of Rome would appreciate me running down the streets with him in tow." He gave her an amused look but  then, realising he'd closed off after her question and offer that made something in her chest flutter, he gave her a small smile. "But how about we take them out?" He asked, hoping he wasn't putting his foot in his mouth or jumping too fast, "If...you'd like to meet again, we could walk the dogs. There's some beautiful scenery down by the Tiber?" and a whole city of chaperones. 

TAG: @Atrice

• Like 2