Chevi's Plotter

Chevi

AIUS / AIA

aia.jpg

Friends

Aia doesn't really have any friends in Rome (save for Decimus, really). She is more than a bit guarded about making friends since she spent most of her life never completely trusting people. However, once she feels safe around someone, she might open up, and she can be a very dedicated friend. She has an easier time talking to men, ironically, so now that she is in Rome, living as a woman, she sorely needs some female friends, and women she can share things with.

Enemies

Other than the Britons, Aia didn't have any personal enemies until some soldiers discovered her actual identity, but that thing was smoother over when she left the province. She is too new in Rome to have enemies yet, although it is likely that if the wrong person found out about her military past, and did not take to it kindly, they could cause her a world of trouble.

Lovers

Haha, nope. Aia didn't exactly have the chance to explore that while trying to pass as a male soldier. Whole new world. Much awkwardness. Endless possibilities.

Other

Aia is an interprex, a language tutor currently working in the household of Flavia Juliana. She speaks Briton and Gallic dialects as well as some Germanic languages, and of course Latin, although her accent might betray her as a provincial. She is a talented translator and interpreter, so if anyone ever has plots involving language or tutoring, hit me up...

QUINTUS FLAVIUS THEODORUS

qft.jpg

Friends

Theodorus is generally a friendly and talkative person. He strikes up conversations with strangers, and tends to wander around Rome a lot. He doesn't have any friends in the city yet, but he is not above making some.

Enemies

Theodorus doesn't tend to intentionally make enemies (if you don't count the barbarians on the other side of the border), but he sometimes runs into problems due to his honesty and his tendency to talk a lot. He is not really significant enough yet to make actual enemies.

Lovers

None as of now, but he is definitely open to the possibility.

Other

Theodorus is a medicus, a physician who currently works at the Ludus Magnus. Basically, he is a medic for gladiators. Any plots involving injuries, illnesses, accidents, gladiator games, and the science of medicine are most welcome!

AZARION

d290f50a2a4e1ac0b780ba98f9aebbc5.jpg

Friends

None to speak of. Azarion has been a slave for six years, moving from household to household, and he is not exactly a warm and friendly person. Add the communication problem to it (he's had his tongue cut out), and you get a grumply little shit who is hard to befriend. Not impossible, though. He tends to be less hostile towards people who share his passion for horses.

Enemies

Him against the world. He heavily dislikes Romans in general, and everyone is a potential enemy until proven otherwise.

Lovers

Hah.

Other

Azarion is owned by Alucio, he works in his household as a stable boy. His freedom is severly limited, but I am open to creative plot solutions 🙂

FELIX

983956238_felix3msolata.jpg.506a091d0f63

Friends

Felix is a body slave to Aulus Calpurnius Praetextatus, and has already recently returned to Rome, so he doesn't really have many friends around. Most of them are other body slaves he spends time with. But he is a generally friendly, if a bit quiet person.

Enemies

None unless someone tries to hurt his master.

Lovers

Not right now (unless we count the occasional intimate moments with Aulus). But he has been slowly opening up to the idea of finding a lover, maybe a wife.

Other

Felix is a quiet and observant person, which, coupled with being a slave, often makes people underestimate him. He is in the process of re-discovering Rome, and trying to find his own place in it.

THESSALA

ZZimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4tQJmyAvVIVV0ZCiqUus

Friends

She in on good terms with a few of her fellow gladiators, and a select few other people, mostly slaves, that she has met around the city. Real friends... are few and far between. Thessala tends to show affection by being rude, which is not great for making actual friends.

Enemies

Rival gladiators, but none very seriously. She has no reason to have a real enemy.

Lovers

Lots. Mostly women, for practical reasons. She is pretty liberal in enjoying the finer pleasures in life, as long as they don't get her pregnant or dead.

Other

Thessala is a gladiatrix at the Ludus Magnus, gaining popularity with the fans of the Games. She's earned certain privileges, such as being allowed to leave the Ludus on occasion.

SEPTIMA MINOR

tumblr_ov7aa7vbPz1qllhdno1_500.gifv&key=

Friends

Septima Minor (also known to friends and family as Clio) is generally a nice and friendly person, but a lot less outgoing than her twin sister. She is introverted and not big on large parties, but she can be a good friend if someone takes the time to know her.

Enemies

None she knows of.

Lovers

None yet. While her twin is ready to get married and explore the world of intimacy, Clio is hesitant about such things, and definitely shy.

Other

Clio is a self-taught scholar and prospective author. She loves observing nature, learning, collecting information, and writing in various genres. She is still just experimenting with her skills, but it is what she is truly passionate about.

Edited by Chevi
  • Like 1

Hey Chevi! I have a character that might interact with Aia. If you have any ideas, let me know! 

Justinia & Aia: So I think Justinia and Aia would be really good friends if they were able to meet each other. Justinia is an 18-year-old prostitute who has never really had a friend since she's been a slave her whole life. She's from Aegyptus and was sold in Rome. Since they're both kind of outcasts, I think they would definitely be friends. It's just a matter of seeing if it's possible for the two of them to meet. 

@Sydney

If we can find a reason for them to meet, that would be lovely! Aia is new in Rome, so when she has free time and opportunity, she goes exploring. If it's in the less fancy parts of the city, I would imagine she might wear men's clothes again to feel safer. I don't know how often Justinia leaves the brothel, or where she moves, but I'm sure we can figure something out 🙂

Theodorus and Favian

Favian is still recovering from the injury that lead to his capture and ultimate fall into slavery.  He took a sword in his right side though luckily it missed all organs. The wound was treated and closed and hasn't become infected but I am sure that with him being taken to the Ludus that he needs a good looking over so that would be an excellent way for them to meet.

Still trying to get my head around the various characters and how they're linked (I'm blaming the Roman naming conventions for that!)

Would love to somehow get Rufus and Azarion in a thread, though Rufus is somewhat in limbo at the moment. Aia and Volusa might make unlikely friends - I think Volusa's curiosity might trump her shyness, for once. If I'm right and Aia has dealings with the Imperial household (and specifically Claudia Caesaris), she might run into Volusa there...

@Chevi Hey, there! I know we spoke a little bit in the discord, just felt the need to comment on here to see to write some thoughts down and probably see how well she'd mesh with your other characters -

Quintus - I think it's great to not only meet another Greek speaker, but a physician, as well. Since he's a bit older and has probably been in Rome far longer than she has, I can imagine her looking up to him for advice or even inquiring about what it's like as far as working within the realms of the arena. She's been struggling with getting a proper job to help her sisters out and to possibly send her brother and mother here, so any advice is good advice. I see them being friends of sorts, with her mostly looking up to him as someone she considers to be far more established than she is.

Aius/Aia - Not sure which name she'd go by, but I feel as if Rukia would be intrigued by her life, and possibly even a little envious that she got to travel as a soldier for as long as she did (if she got to know her). Like her, she's also a foreigner, but from a different part of the world, altogether. If she's ever in need for something for pain or a sickness, she's happy to open up her services since most of her clients have been women, families, and some slaves/other lower class folk.

Azarion - Oh Azarion, Rukia has a little brother close to his age. I always find characters like him to be so rare, but fun to write with if you're willing to take up a challenge. Because of his lack of speech and his height, she might erroneously believe him to be far younger than he actually is (until she eventually notices his tattoo) and so don't be surprised if her maternal/big sister instincts step in from time to time (offering some old clothes for him to wear or some food, if he's ever hungry). I think the biggest struggle would be for her to learn his name, so he'd be known as "Hello, you." for a bit until she figures it out. Of course, because she's rather nice, I can imagine him being a little distrustful of her. Which may or may not hurt her feelings, but she'd try her best at keeping an eye out for him as best she can.

Edited by Bee Bee

Hiya! I finally have a character that has a link, potentially, with one or two of your guys!

Aulus was with the Legions on the Rhine at the same time as Theodorus, and might be a good contact for him if he needs a patron (or even if he doesn't!).

And he might well have used Aius' services as an interpreter during his time in Britannia - pretty sure he'd be surprised to see she's actually female. (He was governor in Gaul when her female identity came out, so he might be aware of it if she travelled through his province on her way to Rome...)

Hey hey @Chevi! Incidentally my young Briton is sorely in need of some lessons in Latin so, would be keen for any plots between her and Aia! I'm not sure how they'd be introduced or how it would work, or whether Tertius could reach out for her services, but poor Charis is struggling. She does have a natural aptitude for languages and dialects, a bit like Aia, but being thrust into a whole new country (and position...and house...) has thrown her for a loop, a bit! 

Anyway - if you're keen, I'd love to have them meet! 

• Like 1

Hi @Sara! Aia currently works at Flavia Juliana's household. I am sure her services can be rented out, if someone (like your girl's master) reaches out to her or Juliana.  And I think Aia meeting a Briton girl would be interesting 🙂

Hmm, don't know about Clio since she's a bit limited in her scope of interactions, but she could eventually come across Azarion in town while on an errand or enjoying some free time. She's a bit arrogant, though, so I imagine they'd frustrate each other to no end.

Titus, on the other hand, could/should definitely visit Theodorus and have some older and newer injuries checked out! He might also know of Aia from his time in Britannia, don't know if you'd like to explore any links there.

• Like 1

@Liv

Clio and Azarion frustrating each other sounds like a fun plan! Let's make it happen 🙂

Titos meeting Theo would be fun too, Theo has been taking on some extra work outside the ludus, now that he has more connections, so we can make that happen too 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chevi said:

@Liv

Clio and Azarion frustrating each other sounds like a fun plan! Let's make it happen 🙂

Titos meeting Theo would be fun too, Theo has been taking on some extra work outside the ludus, now that he has more connections, so we can make that happen too 🙂

Sounds great! I'm going to have a busy couple of days, but can start some threads on thursday. Or if you'd rather start, by all means 😄

Hey hey @Chevi!

I reckon Longinus might well have come across Aia in Britannia. Sadly he left Rome in 72 so couldn't be the legate to discover her, but he was the de facto military commander in 61CE when she signed up! And served as a legate there three times so I suspect they may well have crossed paths. 

He probably hasn't heard she's a woman (hah) unless you have something else in mind, so we could either do a back in time plot or one in the present! 🙂

Hey Chevi, I think that we might be able to make something work with Clio but I’d be interested to hear your ideas on how? Sestia is a bit arts lover and fancies herself a patron of it and, failing that, she would find herself in need of a quiet tutor ‘on the sly’. Perhaps they meet at a public library and strike up a convo?

Hi @Chevi.  I hope Aodh, more commonly known as Germanus, gets to know Azarion.  They seem to be kindred spirits.  They both want to keep their own culture and not abide by their forced enslavement.  Perhaps they could meet after Azarion or his master went to Barbatius for a haircut and Aodh is tasked with getting the money owed to Barbatius for services rendered?  Or perhaps they could meet at the public baths?  Perhaps Aodh could help Azarion if he saw he had trouble with fellow slaves or other people on the street?  I should think everybody loves horses.  They are the most beautiful animal on the face of the planet!!     

Edited by Meilekh